Multiple lasers on one water reservoir and chiller?

TimAustinTX

Multiple lasers on one water reservoir and chiller?

Post by TimAustinTX »

I have 4 (60W) laser machines I was thinking about running out of one large water reservoir and using a single large chiller (Lightobject 1600W Water Chiller).

Is there a reason that I should not do this?

Thank you,
Tim
SWMS

Re: Multiple lasers on one water reservoir and chiller?

Post by SWMS »

It will work in some form but if they are all running all day you might find the chiller will struggle. I wouldn't run them in series though. I'd try and do it in parallel.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to use 4x pumps to handle four lasers. Do NOT put those tubes in series or.... :!:

The LO1600W water chiller can handle two 150W tubes or 4x 100Ws working simultaneously. For that case, a separated pump is installed to handle each tube individually. A dual pump LO1600W is only available per request. We usually don't stock them

In your case, I'll have a 3 gallon reservoir acting as a 'buffer' tank and have four water pumps hooked up to the tanks. The chiller is cooling off the 3 gallons water instead of driving 4 tubes direct that connecting in series mode.

Marco
TimAustinTX

Post by TimAustinTX »

The idea was to run a pump for each machine and a separate pump for the chiller just to circulate the water from the tank.
TimAustinTX

Post by TimAustinTX »

You may get a better idea of what I was talking about with the drawing.

http://imgur.com/a/5rfWh
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

On a similar note. What are people using as an anti mould growth solution.

I've had issues with this, initially I thought it was algae. But after trying anti algae drops I found it wasn't algae but mould.

Options seem to be hydrogen peroxide, Milton or a few drops of iodine. Put a sterilising tablet in the buffer tank and wash it out before filling it with coolant. I'd also put a fine filter on the pump.

Return to “Temperature Controller”