JLD612 won't auto tune or turn on the elements

ghoon59

JLD612 won't auto tune or turn on the elements

Post by ghoon59 »

i just purchased a JLD612 to control my smoker that i upgraded the heating element on it turns on display lights up i can make all the setting but it will not auto tune or turn on the elements i downloaded they manual and read it tried all the settings twice and nothing
Tech_Marco

Re: JLD612 won't auto tune or turn on the elements

Post by Tech_Marco »

When you said it didn't do Auto-tune, please tell me how you did it?
Did you connect the heating element, SSR, controller in a completed loop system?
It may take up to 24hrs before the Auto tune is completed. Just in case you didn't know, you need to turn on the system in order to do the Auto tune feature

Marco
ghoon59

Post by ghoon59 »

here is the schematic i followed except i have a pt100 with 3 wires which i know is correct it reads room temp and if i touch the probe temp climes i will get you all the setting i put in for temp control tonight as i didn't wright them down but i am pretty sure i did the set up correctly if i was not sure i left the default setting in
Attachments
900x900px-LL-0eb1db89_PIDimage2.jpeg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

There is a problem. The power for the PID was cut out by the SSR. You don't want to connect the power for the PID AFTER the SSR but BEFORE the SSR. I think that is the problem. If so, buy me a cup of cappuccino

Marco :lol:
ghoon59

Post by ghoon59 »

oh if it was just that simple if that was the case i would not be able to program is if you read the fine print in ( ) the smoker cord is to the heating element the smoke generator has the original controls for the heating element i bypassed that because i didn't want to chance damaging the module that controls the wood feed for the smoke generator function so generator cord plugs into wall outlet smoker is the control circuit i was going thru and writing down the settings and i found it my lack of pid experience it was set default to cool i left most of the defaults in until i could get a handle on how this all works but that one was not letting it work i had temp up at 200 F for test and it was cooler so it would not turn on :lol: thanks for your help i have been reading everyones post here and all the problems people had so when i saw that i knew i had read someone else did it too.

Return to “Temperature Controller”