Where is the real manual for theJLD612?

sethhoward

Where is the real manual for theJLD612?

Post by sethhoward »

I power it up ans get EEE acress tyhe top display? I have connected a thermocouple. How do i get it to at least show the temperature? The manual is all but usless if you are used to controllers.

Seth
Very unhappy customer
Tech_Marco

Re: Where is the real manual for theJLD612?

Post by Tech_Marco »

Go the "Manual" section. Manuals for different controlled all listed there.
soopirV900

Post by soopirV900 »

sethhoward wrote:I power it up ans get EEE acress tyhe top display? I have connected a thermocouple. How do i get it to at least show the temperature? The manual is all but usless if you are used to controllers.

Seth
Very unhappy customer
I bought two of these recently- one is working fine, the other worked for a day or so, but now I'm seeing the same error. I thought it might be overheating, so I shut everything down, and it worked for a bit again today, but then within minutes the whole controller went blank. I of course checked all my connections (secure and correct), I really suspect a faulty controller. What is your return procedure for warranty replacement?

Dave (moderately happy customer)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Did you swap the thermocouple and try it? It show 'EEEE' if thermocouple is not installed, broken connection, or choosing wrong sensor type. Note, this is not a toy, it's industry grade temperature controller. So, it's not just Plug and Play. We sold over 5000 units and the doa is less than 2%. The manual been serving folks for 5 years. If there is something not clear or wrong, let me know and I'll correct it.

By default, all controller has set to PT-100 when coming out from the factory. You got to set it for the thermocouple that you have. Most people are using "K" type and a few use PT-100 (0.1 resolution).

If it still not working, contact sales by email for exchange.

(To all folks):
By the way, this is a support forum. I do support here but nothing else. For courtesy, please, don't take it personal. If we can't provide service or we don't help or ignore you, then you can get angry. No one will blame on you about that. But if a product is not working as it should, let us know! This is why I setup this support forum. Some customer just like to show their 'feeling' in bold. It's not necessary to do it. "Seth, Very unhappy customer" I don't think he even set up the controller for the proper thermcouple type (Serth, beat me if I'm wrong!)
soopirV900

Post by soopirV900 »

Thanks for the quick reply! I did try switching thermocouples to no avail. I'm using (well intending to use; not doing me much good with a dead PID). the pt-100 sensors you sell. I even tried switching one unit for the other. Dead unit is still dead, live unit is still alive.

I'll contact the sales unit tomorrow

thanks,
dave
sweetbob2002

Post by sweetbob2002 »

Support/Manual Section takes you to this page where NO manual is listed. Please provide the real address for the manual. It is not available from the Support/Manual Page. Make this easier please!
Bob Marshall
:?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Bob:

What manual are you looking for?

M
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

For JLD612 (TET612),7100,633(4)
See here: viewforum.php?f=13
sethhoward

Post by sethhoward »

Tech_Marco wrote: (To all folks):
By the way, this is a support forum. I do support here but nothing else. For courtesy, please, don't take it personal. If we can't provide service or we don't help or ignore you, then you can get angry. No one will blame on you about that. But if a product is not working as it should, let us know! This is why I setup this support forum. Some customer just like to show their 'feeling' in bold. It's not necessary to do it. "Seth, Very unhappy customer" I don't think he even set up the controller for the proper thermcouple type (Serth, beat me if I'm wrong!)
You are not wrong. The point of my post was that to a beginner ( me ) the manual is not much help. I had not changed to the proper type because I did not know I had to or how. I searched and found another forum where some post explained what I needed to do and how to do it.

My controller is on it's test run as we speak and seems to be doing fine.

I just shouldn't have to go somewhere else to learn how to use it. IMHO.

Seth
soopirV900

Post by soopirV900 »

soopirV900 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply! I did try switching thermocouples to no avail. I'm using (well intending to use; not doing me much good with a dead PID). the pt-100 sensors you sell. I even tried switching one unit for the other. Dead unit is still dead, live unit is still alive.

I'll contact the sales unit tomorrow

thanks,
dave
I AM IMPRESSED! I shipped the dead PID back to you following the instructions from your sales team. According to FedEx it was delivered to you today, and I've already received the shipping notification that the replacement is on its way!! WOW! :lol:

Return to “Temperature Controller”