JLD 634 HELP!

AlpacaGreg

JLD 634 HELP!

Post by AlpacaGreg »

Hello all (especially Marco!)

I've read through the JLD 634 topics here, and still have questions, including:

Making the SSR output actually ride on and off rather than vary voltage (it leaves the relays on, even when PV is greater than SV).

Using multiple program ranges (if we have two Ramp/Soak profiles, do we need two controllers?)

Using it as a Thermostat for running our oven when not running a program.

I currently have a program set, and it will run through the way we want it to, changing the SV according to time, but the relays remain energised even when PV is over SV.

We will not be using lights or alarms, but have used the J1 to make the thing work at all to get started, with the alarm function as our output, so I'll be rewiring as soon as I can get the SSR to run our relays.

Thanks! I know it's vague, so I'll try to explain what we have so far:

JLD 634
Relays
Heating elements
Oven

We would like to be able to set the SV without a password (if possible) to 100F, 120F, 180F throughout the day on a regular basis as production dictates.

The Ramp/Soak program I've written, which works as far as I can tell, goes from 70F (ambient) to 85, 100, etc. every 15 minutes. It holds at 130F for an hour, etc. It takes 15 steps to do what we need, and returns to step one to repeat.

Could I start a different program at step 20, and make a similar loop or pause? How would I go directly to that program step to run that program when we need it?

The instructions assume you're familiar with PIDs...

I want to write a simpler program to AutoTune to our oven and elements.
AlpacaGreg

Re: JLD 634 HELP!

Post by AlpacaGreg »

Also:
We had been using the J1 output with AL1Y 02, and AL1 as our temp setting, using the SSR output (which seemed to be a steady output, but is variable from about 4VDC to 6VDC) as the phantom power to the J1 relay.

Did we mess it up?

Thanks!
AlpacaGreg

Post by AlpacaGreg »

BTW: the program works, so all I'm really interested in is making the damn thing turn the burner relays on and off.

We need it tomorrow morning EDT.

It shouldn't be that hard to use it as advertised.
AlpacaGreg

Post by AlpacaGreg »

OATY=5 seems to be the key.

At first it was only cycling on off every few seconds regardless of SV/PV, but now is reacting as expected within the program, MoDL= M-SV, and ramp and soak are working.
Memoradel

Post by Memoradel »

Can you help me to know that I do not know about it.
richiem

Post by richiem »

@AlpacaGreg -- so is it working correctly for you? It wasn't clear whether you got what you needed yourself or if there are still questions....

Dick Moore

BTW, I won't be able to add anything for a couple of weeks as I'll be travelling (not that I'm familiar with the 634, but I have looked through the manual).

Return to “Temperature Controller”