jld634 -SSR ouput wont shut off - what am I missing

sonofaricket

jld634 -SSR ouput wont shut off - what am I missing

Post by sonofaricket »

The SSR output will not cycle/shut off. Have constant voltage and output light is always on. What am i missing?
sonofaricket

Re: jld634 -SSR ouput wont shut off - what am I missing

Post by sonofaricket »

Ok. I've got all configurations set. Here is what the SRR output is doing - the closer I get to the sv temp the more voltage the controller puts out. Starts at 3-4v and as it gets closer to sv it
increases to 12v and blows past the set point by a lot. In this case I had the set point on the kiln at 300f. Finally shut it down when the kiln hit 500f. It seems to me that it is running opposite of what it's supposed to do. Yes I have the controller set at reverse action. P@20 I@100 D@20 (factory sets)
Then tried auto tune - same results. Blows way past the SV. SSR out put voltage never goes below 3-4v. And peak out at 12v after passing SV
Is this controller defective, or am I seeing what it's supposed to do? Please help lightobject tech support
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Following this thread and give it a try:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=631&hilit=jld634

Marco
sonofaricket

Post by sonofaricket »

Thanks, I think.
Ok what I am getting out of that thread is that you are suggesting I operate the SSR through J1 J2 connections, rather than the master slave (ssr) output? Because right now it appears that there is a fault of some sort in the SSR output. It appears to me that the the controller is sending a constant on signal when it should be sending none (off signal). It appears to be operating opposite of what one would think it should
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't think that I was using Master/Slave but not the SSR on my sample. I was doing testing with a SSR attached (the setup sample is still in my tool box).
You better check if you eere mistakenly set it to "coiling"

I just want you to follow my sample exact so that you know the controller is working or not
sonofaricket

Post by sonofaricket »

Ok lets try to keep this as simple. without going into a ramp soak cycle. Just run it as a Temperature controller like the 612. Set to Reverse action (0), Modl SV. at this point it should not matter what the PID are set to, but they are at factory 20/100/20. Oaty and OBty set at 0-20mA.

If the SV (target temp) value is lower than the PV (current temp) then the SSR output (master output) should have 0 voltage as it is switch the SSR off- correct?
if not why

AND since i am observing voltage fluctuation in heat up 3-4v, then increase to 6,7,8,10 and finaly hold at 12v as the PV temperature comes close to the SV this would indicate that I am NOT getting an ON/Off pulse, simply a variable on the voltage rate.

Clearly the Master output is NOT shutting off current to the SSR in any configuration I enter. And even poorly programed PID parameter settings would shut off the output voltage at some point when getting to SV and definetly when it passes SV. might overshoot the temp but would shut off. I should be able to run it as a simple thermostat on until SV then Off. Is there a possibility that either
1. whatever mechanism sends the signal out the master output is malfunctioning
or
2. While labeled as an SSR (pulse on/off) controller its is actually factory set to run some type of proportional type relay,
If it is the later then is there a change that can be made

Thanks for you help
sonofaricket

Post by sonofaricket »

Marco

I entered the program exactly as you suggested in your link. Same result. SSR voltage output signal from controller increases from 4v to 12v until it reaches SV, then it stays at 12v energizing the SSR continually thus energizing kiln continually. NO on/off pulse. Is there a setting on the oaty or obty (set at 0-20) or obtH (500.0) obtL (0000) that is not right, OR is controller defective (not sending a Pulse signal). Please advise.

Thank you
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I haven't worked on this controller for long. Do you want to send it back for a replacement as I'm really busy to setup one for testing here

Marco
sonofaricket

Post by sonofaricket »

I think that is the best option. will send it back. I will email to contactus@lightobject email to confirm
Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
AlpacaGreg

Anybody figure it out yet?

Post by AlpacaGreg »

Did anybody figure out how to get it to zero? If it's running a relay, shouldn't it be off when you want it off?
AlpacaGreg

Post by AlpacaGreg »

It seems that when OATY = anything from 3-100 it will hunt a little, but finally settle. Currently the ramp program I have is upping 15 degrees every 15 minutes, and holding steady every hour.

When I first tried it, it would output every few seconds whether or not we were already at temp, but now it's only cycling when needed (fingers crossed)

OATY=5

Return to “Temperature Controller”