difficulities with JLD633 controller

drakerebel

difficulities with JLD633 controller

Post by drakerebel »

After i have struggled getting through the manual for the XMT63X manual (closest one available) i have yet to get this controller to operate correctly. i have programmed the 16 step profile for firing my ceramic and seem to be having incorrect temperature readings going into the controll unit. i am using a type K thermocouple that i have checked with my fluke/thermocouple module as well as tried other thermocouples and still get wrong temps. when i should be reading room temperature (70F) i am reading (88F) on my controller input. i even tried braided shielding on my thermocouple wire which the signal looks clean on my oscilloscope.

i ran my program on my kiln and thought at first that things were going well until the input stayed around the 350F mark and wouldn't continue to rise. the unit stayed on trying to meet the demands of a higher SV point. i checked with another thermocouple device (with the same thermocouple itself) and my kiln was indeed increasing in temp (it was 2000F). so i for sure have input problems with this unit.

can anyone provide any help or tell me what is either wired wrong or missing in the setup of this controller? i am extremely frustrated. thanks.
Tech_Marco

Re: difficulities with JLD633 controller

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry I don't have too much experience on that model. Please send it back for a replacement.
Return Address:
Annex Depot Inc.
9688 Nature Trail Way
Elk Grove, CA 9575
Attn: Tech Marco

Please leave a note with order# (18xxx)

thx
rprelli

Post by rprelli »

DrakeRebel, can you please help me find the manual for the XMT63x controller? Sounds like you're way past where I am wrt programming the controller for multi-step functionality. I am using a JLD633 controller, and for a one-temp controller I'm rockin'. However, I cannot figure out the JLD633 manual on how to program the controller for a multi-step ramp sequence (which is why I bought the thing in the first place!). Can you give me a hand with the other manual or what the programming thinking / logic / sequencing is so I can get going? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Cheers, Rob rprelli at hotmail dot com
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The manual is avaialbe in the Manual section:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=179

Return to “Temperature Controller”