Possible to wire a Compressor and Heater to JLD612?

mjtrevor

Possible to wire a Compressor and Heater to JLD612?

Post by mjtrevor »

Hi there,

Trying to wire up a fermentation chamber to keep my "beer" between 68-72F.

I bought the JLD612 controller with a 25A SSR and PT100 RTD Thermocouple.

I live in Southern California so I am not overly worried about the temperature dropping too low so the heat is just for a few degrees when needed. The SSR will run the mini fridge compressor.

I read that the relays contact volume is AC220V/3A, and for a heat source was going to use a heating lamp like this: http://www.amazon.com/Como-Ceramic-Blac ... 0v+heating

Can the light be wire off of relay 13 &14?

Here is the wiring diagram I am thinking of using:
Will this wiring diagram work? Cause any problems?

If I wanted to wire up a computer fan to provide ventilation to the box, could that be wired to the hot compressor, so every time the compressor turns on, the fan does? What kind of fuse and wiring would that need?

Thanks a million in advance!
richiem

Re: Possible to wire a Compressor and Heater to JLD612?

Post by richiem »

I would use an external higher current relay whose coil is run off the internal relay in the JLD. It is possible that the SSR output can deliver enough current to drive two SSRs.
etrmedia

Post by etrmedia »

I would be wary of using an SSR to control a compressor; you'll have lifespan issues if it switches on and off too fast. My suggestion is to get an STC-1000 temperature controller from ebay. It has a built-in time delay so you don't damage your fridge, and it's really reasonable in price.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I will import a new controller specifically designed for cooling system and it will handle compressor up to 15A current by default

Marci

Return to “Temperature Controller”