JLD612 almost working, need a little help please

bamf_shadow

JLD612 almost working, need a little help please

Post by bamf_shadow »

Let me start off by saying that this is my first time using a PID, and I am not a master electrician. Any help is appreciated, but you gotta keep it simple!

Ok, so I have a JLD612 hooked up to a contact relay (110V) on terminals 13-14. I set the outy to 1 and ran the auto-tune. That worked very well, contact relay supplied power to my heating elements until my set temp was reached then shut off. My issue is that after the initial cycle the relay works sporadically. Sometimes it will just rapidly open and close, sometimes it will close for a few seconds. When it opens and closes rapidly my elements dont have time to heat up. Also, I noticed that when this is happening I will get odd temp readings from the thermocoupler (K-type). Just briefly when the relay is being switched it will read way high or way low. So now that I sound like an idiot, can anyone help me? Thanks!
richiem

Re: JLD612 almost working, need a little help please

Post by richiem »

With OutY set to 1, the J2 relay in the 612 is trying to send PID controller signals, and a regular mechanical relay really doesn't like that -- those signals are meant for SSRs only. Try OutY = 4, with Rd = 0. See pages 3 and 4 of the manual. Let us know if that doesn't work.

Return to “Temperature Controller”