jld 612 programming help

swede225

jld 612 programming help

Post by swede225 »

I have an oven i am trying to use for heat treating knives. I just need this oven to come up to a given temp(max 1950 f) and stay there until i turn it off..i have run through many tests and my wiring seems spot on..i am providing my current controller setting for tech review. thanks Luke

Inty. Backward 4 for k type thermocouple

Outy. 2

Atdu. 0 (this was in place of " hy" setting)

Psb. 0

Rd. 0(for heating)

C or f. 1 (for degrees f)

P. 5
I. 100
D. 20
Souf. .2
ot. 2
Filt. 0

The next settings I entered for the simulation during autotune..not sure if it's right I used the scenario in the back of manual, which wasn't all that easy to understand. Thanks for your advice.

Su. 800
Ah1 850
Al 1. 848
Ah2. 750
Al 2. 752
Tech_Marco

Re: jld 612 programming help

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please follow the steps and you should be good to go.

1, enter passcode 0089 and choose "inty" and select the thermocouple you have.
2, make sure "outy" is 2 (make sure to save the changes)
3 enter passcode 0001, and choose "SV" where you set the highest temperature. (make sure to save the changes)
4. leave other setting as default.
5 activate autotube.

I suggest you try it with the low temperature(like 100F) and got a idea what will happen at the highest temperature.
swede225

Post by swede225 »

Ok so upon further inspection I had a reverse polarity between the controller and the SSR its auto tuning as we speak. Thanks for the help. Luke
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It is working now?

Here is the hint to find out if the SSR is dead.
First of all, need to make sure the wiring and there is output from temperature controller which is out DC 7.4V

Use a multimeter, and change it to a diode mode, and you will see it become 0.95 from 1, that mean the SSR is working properly.
And you can also change it to 200K ohm mode, and you will see it shows 3.7K ohm. that also mean SSR is working properly.

Return to “Temperature Controller”