temperature jumps around with 612 PID

urielmaimon

temperature jumps around with 612 PID

Post by urielmaimon »

Hi

I built a sous vide setup with the same components everyone else seem to use (PT100 thermocoupler, 612 PID, 25A SSR). Everything seems to work ok, except the temperature on the PID keeps jumping up and down (5 degrees at a time!). I did attach the red connector of the thermocoupler to Terminal 8,etc. Is this a problem with the thermocoupler? with the PID? with configuration? with my karma?

Thanks in advance,

Uriel
Tech_Marco

Re: temperature jumps around with 612 PID

Post by Tech_Marco »

It could be the probe issue. Also, where did you install the controller? Make sure it is not next to the heating element as temperature will affect the controller a lot. There is a 'diode' on pin#11 and it is a temperature sensor for compensation. By the way, do not make the pt100 wet inside. Only tip is ok to touch water or it will cause the problem. If so, dry it up and it should work fine

Marco
urielmaimon

Post by urielmaimon »

The controller is about a meter away, so that's probably not it. Could be the water thing... I ordered (from light object through amazon) the waterproof pt100. I'll put that in instead and update.

Thanks for the response!

Tech_Marco wrote:It could be the probe issue. Also, where did you install the controller? Make sure it is not next to the heating element as temperature will affect the controller a lot. There is a 'diode' on pin#11 and it is a temperature sensor for compensation. By the way, do not make the pt100 wet inside. Only tip is ok to touch water or it will cause the problem. If so, dry it up and it should work fine

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

If the probe you purchased from us is defective, you can send it back for either refund or exchange

Marco
urielmaimon

Post by urielmaimon »

It was the water! the stainless still pt00 didn't jump around when in dry air, or if I just submerged it in a glass of water. I put in the waterproof one and everything is dandy. Autotuning as we speak. I do have a problem with the water pumps, but I'll post about that in electronics.
Tech_Marco wrote:If the probe you purchased from us is defective, you can send it back for either refund or exchange

Marco

Return to “Temperature Controller”