JDL612 Output stuck ON

BillM49301

JDL612 Output stuck ON

Post by BillM49301 »

I'm trying to set up the controller for Sous Vide cooking. I've attached a PT100 thermocouple and an SSR to control a Slow Cooker. Whenever I hook up the Controller to the SSR (Correct Poles) The SSR stays energized (ON) regardless of the SV and PV. I even tried to disengage the SSR (outY=0) and the SSR stays energized (8VDC at terminals 6 & 7 of controller). The OUT light on the front of the controller seems to work properly (with the changes to PV at a set SV). The alarms AL1 and AL2 also seem to work correctly (lights on front panel). I've cycled the power several times and nothing seems to help. Is there a Master Reset somewhere on the unit? Help!!
richiem

Re: JDL612 Output stuck ON

Post by richiem »

If there is no connection polarity error and no programming error, then either the controller or SSR is bad. That said, it is very easy to make mistakes -- especially in the polarity of the Pt100 connections, and in the polarity of the controller-SSR connections.
BillM49301

Re: JDL612 Output stuck ON

Post by BillM49301 »

I tried everything I could think of, even disconnecting the SSR output (outY=0) which should have disconnected the SSR from the controller and the voltage stayed high to the SSR.. The light (OUT) on the front of the controller seems to work correctly, it must be in the software that links the internal logic to the SSR that is at fault.

I've requested a replacement through Amazon.

Thanks for your comments.

UPDATE::

I received the replacement unit and it seems to be working correctly now. I was a defective controller. (2/2/2013)

Return to “Temperature Controller”