JLD612 Set Temp Question . . .

diner

JLD612 Set Temp Question . . .

Post by diner »

I finally finished building a sous vide machine using the JLD612 and while everything seems to work properly, the water bath temp keeps climbing never stopping at the 60c sv set temp. I suspect by setting the AH1 and AL1 both at 60c (same for AH2 and AL2), the relay is disabled as per the manual. Do I need to set them to within .5 degrees of each other so the relay has some range? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, otherwise it's not clear what to set things at so it stays at a constant temp.
richiem

Re: JLD612 Set Temp Question . . .

Post by richiem »

Need more info -- are you controlling the heater with a Solid State Relay (SSR)? What is the outy setting you're using? What type of temperature sensor? With more info, we may be able to help.
diner

Post by diner »

Apologies for my vagueness - Yes indeed I'm using the SSR-25 DA Solid State Relay and the RTD PT100 Digital Thermometer Probe Sensor Thermocouple. Everywhere I read suggested I set the Outy to 2 which is what I did. Also, my set-up is very similar to this guys - http://www.tomordway.com/PID_Controller ... oller.html

Beyond that, as I said my main problem even after spending some time with the manual is understanding how to dial in an initial set temp to maintain. I appreciate your time and assistance!
richiem

Post by richiem »

OK, use the system defaults, which gives you the P 0 0 for inty, not P 00 -- this oprovides highest resolution, 0.1 deg measurment. outy should be 2. Set Rd to 0.

The alarm settings (AHx, ALx) have no function with this control mode and it doesn't matter where they are set. Set Hy to 0.3. Connect the red wire of the Pt100 probe (a thermoresistor, not a thermocouple) to terminal 8, one blue wire (doesn't matter which) to terminal 9, and the other blue wire to terminal 10 -- correct connection is crucial here. Make sure that the + connectioon for the SSR (term 6) goes to the + connection of the SSR, and that the - connection for the SSR (term 7) goes to the - terminal on the SSR -- this too is crucial.

Let us know if this work.
diner

Post by diner »

Unfortunately after double-checking all aspects, the situation remains . . .

Additionally, there is no 'clicking' sounds that come from the controller at any time which leads me to believe that perhaps the PIC controller is failing . . .

Kindly advise how I may exchange the unit.
richiem

Post by richiem »

You may have a faulty controller or SSR -- but I really can't hear any "clicking" from my JLD612, so I don't think that is diagnostic.

To be clear, use the 0089 code and then in the CorF setting choose "0" for Celsius temps. The SV is set using the 0001 code.

I've encountered some ambiguity about the Hy setting (in the 0089 code) -- try zero for that and see what happens.

More diagnostics -- see if the bottom LED in the controller (small point) stays on continuously after the SV is reached -- if it stays on, then there is a fault in the controller or a settings or a probe or a wiring issue; if it goes off (blinking occasionally), see if the red LED on the SSR stays on continuously -- if it does, then the SSR is either faulty or is mis-wired.
diner

Post by diner »

Just having no luck with any of those suggestions so I just purchased a new relay and PIC control . . .

I'll swap the relay first and if it still doesn't work, I'll swap the PIC controller and see what happens . . .

Thanks for the help everyone!

Return to “Temperature Controller”