SV on JLD612

twig113

SV on JLD612

Post by twig113 »

hello,
i bought the JLD612 temperature controller and i want to use it to control a valve. i got it to work quite accurately using the control method 2 and relay j1, but it is a complete pain to adjust 2 numbers to change the temperature. i need the control to be really accurate because what i am using it for is an auto draw-off for maple sugaring. once the temp reaches 219 degrees Fahrenheit then it needs to open the valve and cool off the pan. I know that i need to have it as a cooling unit. but to adjust the temperature i need to go to the alarm setting menu and adjust it there. when you control an auto draw-off then you are just adjusting the temp 3 degrees at most so it would be really nice to just change the SV with the arrows. if anyone can help me set up my controller so i can just adjust the SV that would be great.

thanks
Zeb
richiem

Re: SV on JLD612

Post by richiem »

Zeb, look in the 612 manual on pages 3 and 4, at OutY = 4, and figure 3 (cooling -- right-hand graph), using the HY (hysteresis) function. Then let us know if that solves your problem.
twig113

Post by twig113 »

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH

that worked perfectly it turns on exactly where i want it to and it shuts off perfectly.
this is a save of $800 thank you

Zeb
richiem

Post by richiem »

Glad that helped!!

Return to “Temperature Controller”