Thermocouple for jld 612

richiem

Re: Thermocouple for jld 612

Post by richiem »

Sure -- go ahead and try running it.
swensonknives

Post by swensonknives »

ok i have it on..all the lights are on,and the at light is blinking..it reads 84 on top and 800 on the bottom. I plan to let it run through tomorrow..im not sure what it should be doing. later Luke
richiem

Post by richiem »

Well, the AT light blinking is a good sign....
swensonknives

Post by swensonknives »

its been running since my previous post. all readings are still exactly what they were ..well over 24 hours. whats next? later Luke
richiem

Post by richiem »

So just to confirm, now your SV (set value - green) is 800 deg F, and the PV (present value - red) is 84 deg F ?
swensonknives

Post by swensonknives »

Yes that is correct..
richiem

Post by richiem »

So looks like either the thermocouple is bad or connected incorrectly, or the heater isn't heating, or both. Is the furnace heating? If yes, then it's the thermocouple, connections, or controller or some combination of all three....

If the heater isn't heating, then it's the heater, SSR, connections, or some combination.
swede225

Post by swede225 »

Ok I am formerly swensonknives on this forum. I couldn't get anyone to respond to my emails about gaining access again. But I'm back now and that is what matters. I replaced the relay and am running autotune again. I am hoping to get this oven to 1950 f max temp. It just needs to heat up and I will turn off when I am finished. When the auto tune runs I will post my settings for advice thanks.
During autotune should the oven temp be changing? The set temp on bottom is at 800.

Later Luke

Return to “Temperature Controller”