probleme laser does not cut as deep as it did with the DSP

waltfl

probleme laser does not cut as deep as it did with the DSP

Post by waltfl »

Hi all
all of a sudden my 40W CO2 machine does not cut so deep as it did before the laser tube is only about 150 hours with not many hours on 75% power.
now I have to race the material higher about 1/4 inch to get the same cut deepth out.
I also have this probleme that the LCD changes the values when ever it wants
as a sample I set it on lasercut to 10 mmm/s speed and 75% power and after some time ( seconds ) it changes to 6 or 8mm/s on his own also sometimes it changes the power up or down .
this happen even more often with engraving what cost me lots of waste right somewhere during working it changes also speed and power or both. but it is not just the LCD shown values it realy changing the working of the laser.
I allways resett the system before loading anythings new on the LCD with the resett botton and in lasercut with the datum botton. the homeposition is never what is set in the manufactuerer settings ( left up) it goes also on his own to the middle of the page or working area.
I try pretty much everythings i know but this is so eratic
I dont know if this has to do with the DSP or something else
does anybody else has this too??
happy new year
greetings
walt
Tech_Marco

Re: probleme laser does not cut as deep as it did with the D

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't think that there is something to do with the DSP. Check the current to the laser tube and a current meter never lie. Then, check the lens see if it's dirty. The laser tube that they put it on the K40 is low grade tube and someone sell it very cheap on eBay.

If it's tube is no good, try mine and I have just imported a 100W and a 40W (700mm) tube for K40. And I'll import more once the FDA certificate ready. On March, I'm going to import about 20~30 tubes by ocean shipment. Reason for that is becaue either DHL/UPS or the US Custom broken 4 tubes in a month! 2x Raci 100W, 1x Raci 80W, 1x 60W and it cost me $3000!!! No insurance coverage by the stupid policy

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi marco
you are up early my friend.
I checked the current and it confirmes to the shown settings on the LCD with this eratic changing what I have send the picture to you allready.
yeah I know how the handling for this sensitiv materials is it is rediculess.
no the lense and allignement are perfect this was my first thinking, the next was the current this all is perfect.
I just thought that maybe someone has another tip.
you know I dont have the room for a bigger machine, because I need also room for reassembling packing etc.
for curiousity how do you fit a 100W tube in a K40 machine???
thanks
greetings
walt

Tech_Marco wrote:I don't think that there is something to do with the DSP. Check the current to the laser tube and a current meter never lie. Then, check the lens see if it's dirty. The laser tube that they put it on the K40 is low grade tube and someone sell it very cheap on eBay.

If it's tube is no good, try mine and I have just imported a 100W and a 40W (700mm) tube for K40. And I'll import more once the FDA certificate ready. On March, I'm going to import about 20~30 tubes by ocean shipment. Reason for that is becaue either DHL/UPS or the US Custom broken 4 tubes in a month! 2x Raci 100W, 1x Raci 80W, 1x 60W and it cost me $3000!!! No insurance coverage by the stupid policy

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The 100W isn't for the K40, it's a high quality tube I just imported for testing. It's similiar to the Raci but cheaper.
K40 can fit 700mm tube only which is 40W max. I can get 50W (1M=3.3ft) tube and but you need to drill a hole on the machine though.

Plus, the K40 has bad grounding. The plug for the AC outlet, the ground always leave 'opened' without wire connecting to the body of the case. That's one of the common problem on K40. Because of that, there are many issue when firing up the machine as the leak from the laser power supply always feedback to the DSP controller. The worst case was that the high voltage cable lose and high voltage conduct to the DSP and killed it. I have a 3axis controller killed because of the ground issue. Therefore, you need to make sure that ground contact to the body and to the AC outlet is 100% good. Or....

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

By the way, I was up till 3~4:00 am for my accounting data entry. My staffs just finished inventory counting and I need to do the year end closing. Plus, need to deal with the supplier in China, from DSP to X-Y table, from power supply to digital meters... all gone through interenet chatting. Time consuming. I can tell peopel that I work for two years non-stopping 2011 to 2012..ha..ha...

Marco
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi marco
ahh ok.
yes thats what I realize first thing that the ground was not connected to any other AC line just to the body thats why I changed first thing the inlet to a US version with the ground connected right there and also have a extra ground from the outside of my house and all grounds are connected in the machine to one point.
I did find the probleme :
I have adjusted the gantry mirror and the head but did not look at the mirror one right on the laser tube and more exidently I touched this mirror and ther it was the ring who holds the mirror in place was totally loos.
after tighten them I put a piece of tape on it to secure it now everythings is back.
greetings
walt

Tech_Marco wrote:The 100W isn't for the K40, it's a high quality tube I just imported for testing. It's similiar to the Raci but cheaper.
K40 can fit 700mm tube only which is 40W max. I can get 50W (1M=3.3ft) tube and but you need to drill a hole on the machine though.

Plus, the K40 has bad grounding. The plug for the AC outlet, the ground always leave 'opened' without wire connecting to the body of the case. That's one of the common problem on K40. Because of that, there are many issue when firing up the machine as the leak from the laser power supply always feedback to the DSP controller. The worst case was that the high voltage cable lose and high voltage conduct to the DSP and killed it. I have a 3axis controller killed because of the ground issue. Therefore, you need to make sure that ground contact to the body and to the AC outlet is 100% good. Or....

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”