OEM kingdom, power supply unit + brains

concretevapor

OEM kingdom, power supply unit + brains

Post by concretevapor »

hello all,

here i have posted electronic guts of my 40W laser.

looking to upgrade the sticky moshi stuff.

i hear some OEM power supply units can work with the 2012-DSP controller smoothly without the need to upgrade the power supply unit, i wonder if this is one of them.
could anyone identify these for me?

thank you
and
happy new year!

berk
Attachments
unit 2
unit 2
unit 1
unit 1
concretevapor

Re: OEM kingdom, power supply unit + brains

Post by concretevapor »

i didnt see a green resistor :)
Gadroc

Post by Gadroc »

Hmm. Is there another power supply in there? You need a 24v power supply in addition to the laser power supply to drive the DSP and steppers.

I can't comment on the laser power supply as I don't have that one.
waltfl

Post by waltfl »

Hi
you should post a picture of the whole interior of the machine and maby the underside of the display that we can identify what you have
greetings
walt

concretevapor wrote:i didnt see a green resistor :)
concretevapor

Post by concretevapor »

here

thanks

b
Attachments
R0014615.jpg
R0014986.jpg
R0014999.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

His machine is not the same as you guys have. There are many manufacturers in China are making similiar machines (K40) with the same case. Even though it looks 90% similiar, but the inside guts may not the same.

1) The Laser PS I can tell is from another party in ShangDong provience name "MingYue". I used to use his PS but stop using after their quality control was in doubt. The 130W PS always have leaking "jump fire". This PS should have DC24V & 5V power build in so that he doesn't need a separated power supply for the Moshi board.

2) The Laser power supply doesn't need the "giant green monster" (resistor) as it's better than what the K40 used to have with ShenHui own PS.

3) The PS is analog typ and it works OK with the DSP card but the result may not as good as the PWM. I was told that gray scale of an anlogy ps may not result as clear as PWM does. However, the overall result will be times and times better than the Moshi (the junk)

Marco
Ruud Hogenberg

Post by Ruud Hogenberg »

Hello this is my first post, i am Ruud Hogenberg - Gippetto 3d world in NL - i have discussed with Marco these days about upgrade and just ordered the parts for upgrade.
looking to my k40 the engraving button is even not connected, seeing the picture in this topic it looks bit different. however, i had ordered a large laser machine see http://www.brmnederland.nl/laser-machines/brm-90120/ , and the k40 was a free end year bonus, so the money i invest isnt so bad for this.

i am going to upgrade this k40 as learning curve and as i have compared the sofware with lasercut i think that i will upgrade lateron the large lasermachine wich run with lasercut.
so i am starting the upgrade soon and hopefully when i am desperately in doubt, i hope you will help me to stay on the right track.

thanks guys and thanks marco

regards
ruud hogenberg
www.gippetto.com
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Welcome Rudd!

Folks here are all nice and ready to help. If something I can't or I don't know, I'm sure you will get some advise from other folks. That's the beauty to have a forum and "DIY".

Should you need anything from me, advise or parts, feel free to ask. I have a lot resources in China and I can get parts through my buddies there. I believe they can most parts that people need it for buidling CO2 laser and/or CNC machine

Again, welcome!

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”