Found new sources of quality CO2 laser tube

Tech_Marco

Found new sources of quality CO2 laser tube

Post by Tech_Marco »

I have found a new supplier of CO2 laser tube. It seems that they're copy cat Raci laser tube somehow the the outlook looks 90% similiar (if not 100%). Per manufacturer, the life span is 8000hrs~10,000rs but I rather to be more conservative than getting disappointed if it's not what they said. So, I'll consider it as 3000~5000hrs tube. Price is very competitive though!

See picture
Attachments
CO2LaserHQ2.jpg
baccus61

Re: Found new sources of quality CO2 laser tube

Post by baccus61 »

That's the type of tube I am running and it works very well. The Reci lasers had some problems initially when they were first introduced and have gone through about 6 design changes to get the long life from them but I think they have now been fixed in the latest generation. I am told you will get 8000 hours plus if you stay under 80% of full power and some have gone for over 12 thou and you will get 3-5 thou/hours if running near the limit. I set mine to 80% in software to get the life out of it. Most jobs are only processed with about 50-70% of power anyway from the 100 watt tube I have.

The mirrors on the end are still glued on but they might be putting O-Rings inside of them for a bit more sealing from contaminates. I can't really tell what is there due to the way they are made.
The only problem I have is with the beam combiner reflecting some laser beam down into the red diode pointer lens and melting it if I go over 70% power. I have buggered 6 of them now and I have just purchased a ZnSe window from my eBay contact in Israel that I hope will reflect enough light to be able to see it after the lens and not melt the red pointer. I have the red pointer direct coupled to the output coupler on the tube which helps to keep out any contaminates from the laser output lens but it seems to be way too close as it doesn't work without melting the pointer. :-(

Rich.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”