Raster problem?

edsapp

Raster problem?

Post by edsapp »

I am having a problem with engraving a raster. The vector comes very close to perfect, but the raster comes 2 degrees to the left (out of square) and 8.333 percent short - both on the "Y". I have tried changing the dip switches for the step motors and changing the settings for measuring the "Y" travel. I can make it worse but not better. Any suggestions? I can't find anyone in San Diego that knows anything about lasers who will try to help.

I would be very grateful. This laser is meant to help with making urns for families who have suffered violent deaths. Having your loved ones photos come out like this is very disturbing.

Thank you so much.

Ed Sapp
Attachments
Sample
Sample
baccus61

Re: Raster problem?

Post by baccus61 »

Hi Ed.
I have been having a great deal of problems with my set up right from the word go but not due to the DSP card from Lightobject.
I ended up replacing my power supply and the problem went away BUT yesterday it came back. This has been a big problem for me that I just can't put a finger on.

Anyway, have you tried to engrave using "unilateralism" or only engraving in the 1 direction. That's how I have to do mine.

Rich.
edsapp

Post by edsapp »

Thank you for the reply. I will try that and let you know how it works.

Thanks again,

Ed Sapp
edsapp

Post by edsapp »

Hi Rich,

I tried the single pass and it doubled the distortion to 5 degrees. Somehow I am picking up a step on my "Y" and like you, it is driving me crazy. I would change the control software and boards but I have no confidence that I coud get it rewired correctly. This is my second set of software/hardware.

Ed
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

Hi Ed. Sad to hear it's not working out well.

Can you take a few photos of the connectors and draw a little wiring diagram of what it's connected too and get it up here for us to look at?

A little bit of info like this can go a long way to a good result.

Rich.
edsapp

Post by edsapp »

Thank you for your reply. I am attaching photos of the wiring and a copy of the diagram that the vendor gave me showing me how to connect the wires and how the dip switches are set for the step motor controls. The drawing with the red lines are the wiring connections the vendor gave me. The orginal PCI board and Dongle were defective and since I was not the original purchaser, the manufacture would not give me and technical assistance - even when I offered to purchase new boards, etc. That was why I changed to a different board. The drawing is the only assistance I have received. If there are any suggestions you can offer, I will be very grateful. I admit I am really desperate.

Thanks again for your assistance in looking at this.

Ed Sapp
Attachments
Original wiring
Original wiring
Wiring
Wiring
MPC03 wiring & Pin Array.pdf
Wiring & Pin Array
(109.41 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
edsapp

Post by edsapp »

I just realized the PDF was not readable so I rescaned as a JPG. I Hope this is easier to read.

Thanks,

Ed
Attachments
Wiring
Wiring

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”