Simple soluton for CO2 water cooling

Tech_Marco

Simple soluton for CO2 water cooling

Post by Tech_Marco »

I just imported some small water cooler box and I think it's a pretty good idea to use it for CO2 laser cooling, as long as the laser is not running 24/7 or in mass production. See pictures. This is a simple solution for now. I'm developing a high efficiency water cooler for Co2 and CNC machine. It's an "Active" cooling system with cooling effect other than this passive type.

If this project success, then I'll go for the next one: YAG cooler. The requirement of "YAG" laser cooling is more critical than a regular CO2 laser as the temperature need to be +/- 1 degree. Wwill see :)
Attachments
WaterCooler-DIM.jpg
WaterCooler_sample2.jpg
WaterCooler_sample1.jpg
twehr

Re: Simple soluton for CO2 water cooling

Post by twehr »

How soon? How much?
Tech_Marco

Re: Simple soluton for CO2 water cooling

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Tim:

The parts for the simple solution are all ready and available on my website: http://www.lightobject.com/Cooling-C52.aspx

The chiller that I'm working on, I guess it will take about 1 month for the prototye built up and then it will take about 2~3 for the production.

By the way, the new DSP card design should be ready soon. I mean the Lite version one and now they asked me for a design of the LCD panel. You got any idea? Or, a request from folks and whoever desgin accepted, then I take off $100 from the purchase for the new card?! Sounds good?

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”