Auto Z Height with DSP controller?

Werner

Auto Z Height with DSP controller?

Post by Werner »

Hey Guys new to the list and building a 100w laser. Has anyone played around with auto Z home? A sensor/ micro switch to locate top of part surface then a Z move table down to set focal offset? I kinda scanned over the manual but didn’t see any mention of it. I was thinking a macro would probably be an option?

Werner
Tech_Marco

Re: Auto Z Height with DSP controller?

Post by Tech_Marco »

Folks, the auto focus function has been added and all purchase after May should have the option built in. I'm still in China and working for a new card (different model) and should be able to test the new software sometimes on next week.

Marco
Werner

Post by Werner »

Sounds great Marco! Put me down for one! Is it going to be a new revision of the one you have? When are you coming back Buddy?

Werner
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'll be back the end of April. I need to get more information about the auto focus and for parts (hardware) that need to mount on the laser head for 'touch down' sensing. Currently, I'm building a water chiller and will test it in about 3 days. Hope it works out!

I will carry more accessaries as I found quite a lot of 'goodies' here. Like air/water plug for cooling, high quality reflection/focus mount, long focus lenghs ZnSe lens, Ultrasound lens cleaning, and ... a lot things in my shopping list.

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”