Laser Only Fires One Pulse at Start of Job

MikeF

Laser Only Fires One Pulse at Start of Job

Post by MikeF »

Just finished upgrading my K40 to a T9+ DSP and new Motor Drivers and so forth. As a final step I replaced the Laser Power Supply with the LO Smartbean 60W PWM CO2 Laser Power Supply. (I am still using the original K40 glass tube.)

Problem: Whether using the manual laser button (Control Panel or Power Supply) or running a drawing, the Laser just fires a short pulse, then no output. I've tried different power levels and checking other hardware related settings, but it behaves the same. Just a single dot flash. (The stepper motors run and the head traces the path it should, just no laser.)

I assume it would be a setting issue since I'm still figuring out the T9, but before I post a bunch of extraneous info I hope someone can offer some specifics to check?

Thanks,
Mike
Tech_Marco

Re: Laser Only Fires One Pulse at Start of Job

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please show your wiring and laser setting parameters.
MikeF

Post by MikeF »

Okay, it's working.

I had everything wired temporarily to accommodate the new DSP, new LPS, mock-up control panel, etc. So all that wiring had become a rats nest. In trying to look for bad connections I gave up and re-did the wiring properly. Now that it all works I believe my problem was loose connections to the digital current meter causing intermittent failure of the laser cathode connection.

Lesson learned. Neatness counts.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hey at least you got it working now, you need to give yourself two thumbs up! ;)
Join our FB support group "LightObject Laser Lab". You may get more support over there. Forum dynasty is gone, I guess

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”