X axis stopped working..kind of

funhawke

X axis stopped working..kind of

Post by funhawke »

7 year old Chinese 80w 600/300 X7 DSP. About a month ago started having issues with x axis. When machine would start – make an odd noise when homing and would sometimes abruptly hit the home limits. Then on occasion the x axis would stop working in the middle of a project – continuing the project with y axis only – strait line basically. I would reset and would not occur again…

Last three weeks progressively worse – to the point now – only y axis but when the machine starts up, sometimes the x works then quits.
I have checked all the connections on both x and y servo motor drivers, and on DSP 7 controller and panel – nothing found, BUT…after I checked all connections (taken connectors off and tightened wiring screws on the connectors) The x axis came to life again – only for 15 minutes.

I switched x and y servo drivers – x axis worked y axis didn’t, which led me to believe the X servo driver is not functioning properly? But was the X axis phantom coming to life again? Would anyone else agree with this diagnosis or am I out to lunch? Any other suggestions?
mrsunnylam

Re: X axis stopped working..kind of

Post by mrsunnylam »

the stepper driver might be going out. these parts do wear and tear, since you swapped out the X and Y drivers and the problems also moved.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”