Retrofiting older laser machine

awrdbob

Retrofiting older laser machine

Post by awrdbob »

I have an old Gravograph LS800 machine that the tube died and was more costly than it was worth for many, many reasons, to repair. It was replaced with a new machine. Just before the tube died the Z-motor driver electronics failed (second motor driver card failure in six months.)

Simply put, reading and studying info here on the forum and on the Light Object website, I have come to believe that I can replace the current factory "motherboard" with electronics and motor drivers from LO.

My questions is this, I see an RJ-45 ethernet port on some of the controller boards (T-9 for one) but see no reference to it's use, is this port functional? In other words, can this controller be ethernet connected and potentially run from multiple sources (computers?)
mrsunnylam

Re: Retrofiting older laser machine

Post by mrsunnylam »

Please give me some time to test this theory. I believe it can be used for multiple machines
Tech_Marco

Re: Retrofiting older laser machine

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes you can do it, either with USB or Ethernet. There are four different connection ways:
1) One PC to one machine
2) One PC to many machines
3) Many PCs to one machines
4) Many PCs to many machines

The condition is that all PC or machines must share the same network hub or on the same USB hub. I know Ethernet will do it right but I never tried it on USB hub.

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”