My new machine

irfanulla

My new machine

Post by irfanulla »

Hi All, I have started a laser machine build just to see if I am capable to do it -

split the the build into four parts

1. Mechanical build : consisting of the structure - frameworks and enclosure and i am nearing the end of it

2. control electronics: consisting of the DSP, a hobby CNC unipolar board (bcos it was lying with me) 3 sanyo denki motors -

3. control hardware : 3m htd 12mm wide belt for the controls and 7.5mm wide for z axis up and down - M12 screw rods to actuate the Z axis thk linear slide, and hiwin on the ganrtry

4. optics : 60 watt laser tube and powersupply with glass mirrors (moly) and 20 mm focussing lens

I will keep updating this thread with questions and pictures and explaination on what I am doing

RGDS
Irfan
twehr

Re: My new machine

Post by twehr »

Welcome, Irfan.

We are delighted to have you share your experiences with us. We look forward to your posts.

Please include photos whenever possible.

tim
irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

For a start here are some pics from the picasa album

http://picasaweb.google.com/irfanulla/L ... directlink
irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

hello - I was trying to download software for the older version(DSP_V2.0_R4.0.7.zip) which I have - any idea how to get it, the download section does not have it anymore

also I was wondering if anyone could help me connect it to a Hobby CNC board,

the Hobby CNC board has a parallel port for inputs - what I have done is connect step line to PWM+(pin5) and direction connected to DIR+(pin2), since the parallel port ground is common on the drive I have connected the gnd on the hobby cnc board to pin 1 on all the axis connectors, (this is based of the file DSPconnection.pdf) elsewhere on the forum.

remember the Hobby CNC board is not opto isolated one and teh DSP I have is the older version - the grey one.

Regards
Irfan
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Irfan:

The DSP_V2.0_R4.0.7.zip still available it's just that it won't be available till my return from the trip. FYI, I switched web hosting company from Godaddy.com to Webhost4life.com and the link need to be rebuilt. Without moving to a new host, I can't access the site from China. But the new host is kind of leak of experience on setting up forum and provide louzy service (webhost4life.com). If there is a better choice, I'll go!

Marco
irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

Some progress on the machine I am building

I was wondering if anyone can help me with some images of an idler setup also used as tensioner on the other end of the belt

Regards
Irfan
Attachments
2011-05-07 17.25.32.jpg
2011-05-07 17.25.17.jpg
2011-05-07 17.25.09.jpg
2011-05-07 17.24.59.jpg
irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

Folks - can anyone with paypal get me a TLP281-4

I could not get it here in Bangalore - India

never mind - got it over ebay - though expensive!
irfanulla

Post by irfanulla »

Hi Guys - I want to put in rotary capability into my machine - I am supposing that I want to sell my rev 1.6 board ( grey one) for USD 150, - remeber that this board is unused and is powers up pretty fine with a regular 12V DC unregulated supply.

I plan to buy the new blue controller from light object -so let me know if interested.

regards
IRfan

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”