New to the board with spt 850mm co2 sealed laser tube (40w)

FILO

New to the board with spt 850mm co2 sealed laser tube (40w)

Post by FILO »

I have a FSLaser Series 20x12 5th Gen https://www.fslaser.com/Product/Hobby. I have had nothing but trouble with tubes from FSLaser. The LO spt 850mm co2 sealed laser tube (40w) was suggested to me. I ordered the tube and it arrived promptly and packaged very well. On inspection I could not find any problems. Until I installed it. I installed it the way I have always done (cathode and anode facing up). I ran some test pulses to check alignment and started a small raster job. At each end of the raster I hear a faint "pop" sound coming from the back end of the tube. I immediately stopped the machine. Water is flowing. I rechecked the cathode and anode connections. The beam looks good while firing.

The laser was running normally with the old tube and nothing was changed but the tube.

Anyone have any ideas?
Tech_Marco

Re: New to the board with spt 850mm co2 sealed laser tube (40w)

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just fire up the laser without gantry movement see if you hear anything. Then do one straight line testing. After that, do a circle cutting. Compare all these tests and post the results here. That may give us some thought here. Thx

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”