MYJG40W Power Supply Replacement

Mark97052

MYJG40W Power Supply Replacement

Post by Mark97052 »

Is there a replacement for the MYJG40W Power Supply or is there a MYJG40W (both with 220V input)? I upgraded my tube to the 45W and after 6 months, I've apparently blown the power supply. It makes a hell of a screeching, zapping noise.

I've looked at the LightObject 40-60W PWM CO2 Power Supply (http://www.lightobject.com/40W60W-PWM-C ... -P886.aspx) but it has 9 connection points. My current one has 14. Is there a wiring diagram so I can compare and see if these are compatible?
Tech_Marco

Re: MYJG40W Power Supply Replacement

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Mark:

MYxxxx power supply is low quality made. They used smaller capacitor and cheaper HV transformer. The defective rate was very high, as much as 35% so my friend (another wholeseller) has dropped the deal with "MY"

You may use our 40W or 60W for your 45W tube. Just monitor the current not going over 18mA (suggest 16mA) for anytime of operation
Anything goes wrong on a power supply purchased from us, we can send you a refurbished PS or you can send it back for repair. It usually take about 7 days to fix it.

Regards,
Marco
Mark97052

Post by Mark97052 »

Thanks for the info Marco. Your power supplies are pwm and I don't believe mine is. Is there a connection diagram so I can check to see if it will connect to my cutter? Also, would this require new steppers or a control panel?

The machine I have is the one from MicroMark. Yeah.. I know... I'm an idiot. :)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Could you please post some pictures showing your machine before I make any suggestion.

Marco
Mark97052

Post by Mark97052 »

Hi Marco,
Here's outside and the PS compartment photos...
Electronics Compartment.JPG
Laser Cutter.JPG
And the wiring diagram. I do need the 220V input for everything else on this beast.
Wiring Diagram.JPG
Thanks,
Mark

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”