New 60 watt tube and power supply

DesignMine

New 60 watt tube and power supply

Post by DesignMine »

I am considering upgrading to a new 60 watt tube and a power supply. I have the blue and white ebay "50" watt laser and really can use something with a little bit more cutting power. Are your power supplies a direct plug and play from the power supply that came with my laser?

Thanks
Tech_Marco

Re: New 60 watt tube and power supply

Post by Tech_Marco »

What machine do you have?

Marco
DesignMine

Post by DesignMine »

Tech_Marco wrote:What machine do you have?

Marco
Its the blue/white 50watt from ebay, It has the model number KH5030 on it.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

If the work area is 500x300, then the tube must be 850mm or smaller, which is a 40W laser, not 50W

I don't kNow if you can upgrade to 60W or not because the mount is not adjustable. f that is the case, you can only upgrade to a 1M tube with 45W~50W power. Since you didn't post pictures, no way if your power is compatible to our

Marco
DesignMine

Post by DesignMine »

The bed is 500x300. I do realize its a 40watt tube, I put quotes around the 50 because that is what it is advertised as. I would like to step up to a 60watt tube and have seen many others do it by building a box to extend the tube past the case. In the case of my laser it would extend past where I have my meter mounted on mine as seen in the pics.
unnamed3.jpg
unnamed3.jpg (12.24 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
unnamed2.jpg
unnamed2.jpg (25.57 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (31.15 KiB) Viewed 2838 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It is not just the length that you can add an extended casing, the other factor you need to take into account is the diameter of the tube. The 40W is running about 50mm (2") but the 60W is running at 60mm which is about 2.4". The SH530 as I know comes with two fixed tube mounts. I am not sure if there is a an alternative way you can go over it.

The connection for your LPSU is similar to ourd but not identical. But it is manageable.

Next thing is to check the mirrors and lens see if they can support 60W laser power.

Last thing to check is the water cooling. It is high risk if you are running a few gallon of water without using a chiller.

Marco
DesignMine

Post by DesignMine »

Thanks for the quick replies Marco! I will check on some of those other factors, I see what you mean about the diameter, the mounts are not adjustable and if I take the center height up it will not line up with the first mirror. I am running a chiller so that should be covered, my water temps never get above 72* while I am cutting and I have room to go even cooler but it causes condensation.

I am going to look into just buying a bigger laser I think.

Thanks for the help and being upfront about it not working!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Always welcomed!

Marco ;)
DesignMine

Post by DesignMine »

I do believe my power supply has gone out, water flow is fine and everything else is running fine, motors, X and Y, the laser acts like its working but the tube isn't firing at all. It started doing this half way through a job. It suddenly went from working great to not firing at all. There is a test button on the power supply, I can press that and nothing happens, press the pulse button on the laser and nothing.

You said that your power supply will work with my laser. Does it come with instructions on how to hook it up?
tansh

Post by tansh »

If I am not mistaken, the test button on the power supply works only "without" the signal cables connected (L, WP, G, IN). Is the fan inside the LPSU running? If you have a quiet LPSU with power on, then probably it's gone.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”