Question-Proper wiring for laser to DSP

OrangeClockwerk

Question-Proper wiring for laser to DSP

Post by OrangeClockwerk »

Hey everyone,

First post here, my name is Jim and I am building a 100w reci 1200x900 machine. I got all my parts from LO. I have already built and set up the XY stage and controller, the frame is assembled and now the stage is in the frame. I am working on bringing in my AC power to the system and I have a couple wiring questions for the laser setup. I have the motors and controller operating, lasercad installed and communicating over Ethernet, now I am getting to running power to the laser PSU and hooking it up into the DSP controller. I have 4 toggle switches on the AC side one for the controller, one fore the air, one for the chiller and one for the laser.

Here is a picture of my control panel.

The power supply has the Red and White cable out the back. The red goes to the back of the laser, the positive post, then a wire from the front of the laser into the amp meter then into the white wire lead out the back of the psu. I used the extra red high voltage cable to run my negative back to the amp meter.

Now the front of the laser PSU has FG - which I assume is AC in ground. Also AC AC which I assume is line and load for AC in also.

Then the 6 pin terminal.

H - Level High
L - Level Low
WP - Water Pump
G - Ground
IN - Input
5V - 5V DC

Then the controller has

1 - DC5V
2 - WP
3 - TTL
4 - PWM
5 - Ground

What is the proper connections between these? Do I run the water chiller to the laser PSU? or to the controller? What does the water pressure switch hook to then?

Does the 5V on the psu connect to the 5V on the controller?

What does TTL hook up to?

I read the PSU pdf and i really didnt understand what I need to do. Any help would be appreciated, this is all I have left to do and I can start cutting and upload my worklogs which will be some rather detailed work instructions on how to build one of these machines. I appreciate the help!
Tech_Marco

Re: Question-Proper wiring for laser to DSP

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please download the X7 connection diagram from this post: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2484

Marco
OrangeClockwerk

Re: Question-Proper wiring for laser to DSP

Post by OrangeClockwerk »

Shit I totally forgot about that diagram, thanks Marco!

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”