RECI P14 Laser Power Supply

Knight

RECI P14 Laser Power Supply

Post by Knight »

Hi,
I am using a RECI P14 power supply on my Laser cutter. Our local power is 220-240V AC.

The P14 is an intelligent power supply which can detect under and over voltage and will go into fault at that point. When it goes into fault, it does not show the actual voltage but simply says Low or High voltage.

My Input power tends to fluctuate a lot, so I am thinking of using a Power Stabilizer in my system.

Often, if the dropout is momentary, the laser will stop firing for a very short time and then fire again, even though the LCD screen shows that the unit is in fault. It will then continue firing until the next dropout or the end of the job. If the dropout is not noticed, there will be a very short section of job which has not been cut.

does anyone know what the Low and High Voltage points are and whether they can be adjusted within the P14. I am not willing to open the unit but I would not know what to look for anyway.

I contacted RECI but they obviously did not understand my question because they suggested that one of the input wires must have come off.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Albert

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”