Discussion for complete machines purchased from LightObject

ReactiveLight

Discussion for complete machines purchased from LightObject

Post by ReactiveLight »

It seems to me that most of the posts in this forum have to do with DIY laser machine builds. I recently purchased a complete LO1290 machine from LightObject, and I'm having trouble finding answers to questions about the complete machine (e.g., connecting to external equipment, internal wiring, function of switches) as opposed to questions about specific components (e.g., controller, power supplies, laser tube). So, I would like to propose a top-level topic for these complete machines.

Here's my first question for the discussion: what does the switch shown in the photo below do? When I received the machine I assumed it was to stop a collision with the frame if something was hanging off the edge of the table when it was raised. However, I tried closing the switch and it has no effect on the Z motion (or anything else that I can see).
Attachments
switch.jpg
switch.jpg (62.96 KiB) Viewed 1092 times
Tech_Marco

Re: Discussion for complete machines purchased from LightObj

Post by Tech_Marco »

It is a limit switch fro the Z table. It is useful only when the machine is doing Z initialization. The range is controlled by the software so it won't response when the Z is moving downward even it is triggered by hands intentionally. It does react only if the Z table is going up from certain distance below the the switch. For example, when you moved the Z table to the half way then recycled the main power, the Z table will move up until it hit the Z limit switch and it will stop after Z is reset.

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”