Super wierd stepper driver problem!

bberzinskas

Super wierd stepper driver problem!

Post by bberzinskas »

Hey All,
Haven't been on here for a while (which is a good thing!). My DIY machine has been working like a BOSS! Until today.... :-(

I spent the weekend processing jobs, and then all of the sudden, my rasters started getting skewed. it would do like 1/2", then it would loose steps (A LOT) and shift over like 1/2". I tried some smaller images, no problem.. hmm.. What gives I thought. I rewired my X stepper as I've seen similar problems on my CNC when the wiring in the cable chain broke. No help! I then started poking around the motor drivers and noticed I could cause it to happen intermittently. So, i rewired the connectors b/w my awc608 and the motor driver. Still no change!

THEN!

I noticed that if i held the green connector going into the stepper driver to one side, it would be fine, and if i wiggled it a tiny bit, it would stop moving. It's been a little colder then normal, so I'm guessing the plastic shrank a little, I really have NO IDEA. Wierd, just wanted to stop by and mention it to see if others had similar problems. I'm using the mini 1.5a driver..

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”