Photo Engraving Techniques

twehr

Photo Engraving Techniques

Post by twehr »

Before we had this discussion section set up on the forum, dimky asked a question elsewhere about photo engraving. Though he was specifically asking about engraving on glass (can be very difficult to get results you want :cry: ), it brought to mind a more general topic of how to get the best photo engraving results.

To help answer questions you might have, and to start some active discussion here on the board, I am starting this thread devoted to Photo Engraving Techniques. And to give everyone something to chew on, I am attaching a document that should explain the basics of what is happening when you try to engrave a photo using your laser. I sincerely hope it is useful to you. I also want to hear your comments and ideas on the same topic. :mrgreen:
Attachments
Photo Engraving Techniques.pdf
(24.91 KiB) Downloaded 522 times
dimky

Re: Photo Engraving Techniques

Post by dimky »

Hey guys!

Here is my todays portrait engraving try. This was made on back side of mirror. Looks much better than my other previous attemp, but if you look at mirror straight, at 90 angle, it does not looks so good as looking from side. Anyway, good result.

Macro, please set max image size at least 1000px, 500px is too few.
Attachments
IMG_0468.JPG
twehr

Post by twehr »

dimky wrote:
Macro, please set max image size at least 1000px, 500px is too few.
What are you referring to?
dimky

Post by dimky »

When i'm trying to upload picture here, in forum, it says what max width or height is 500px. Sometimes need to show more detailed picture.
twehr

Post by twehr »

dimky wrote:When i'm trying to upload picture here, in forum, it says what max width or height is 500px. Sometimes need to show more detailed picture.
Now I understand.

If Marco cannot do that, you could zip a photo and upload both a small image for browsing and the zipped file for downloading to see more detail.

Just an idea!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Per dimky request, I have changed setting on the server for taking picture as an attachment (also inline) by the size of 1024 x 1024 (max)

Marco
dimky

Post by dimky »

Thanks! Much better.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”