Adding a motorized Z to the

shanet94

Adding a motorized Z to the

Post by shanet94 »

I have the 900x600 frame kit and the XY stage built and installed. Next i wanted to tackle adding in a motorized z.

Marco said this one would work: http://www.lightobject.com/Motorized-po ... -P902.aspx but I would need to build a support table. Has anyone installed this into a 900x600 and if so would you mind taking a few pictures of your setup?

This one is also offered for the 900x600: http://www.lightobject.com/Stainless-st ... -P911.aspx Has anyone installed this into the 900x600 frame kit and if so was it bolt in? (IE made for the frame kit)

Trying to figure out the simplest options and see what i need to order next

Thank you for the help and opinions!
Shane
MicroBill

Re: Adding a motorized Z to the

Post by MicroBill »

Can't say that I've used either but I do have the small one for the K40 laser. It's design is similar to the stainless one; four threaded posts that raise/lower the table. It works, but given the option for the green scissor type stage I'd go with the scissor one.

Bill S.
DonL

Post by DonL »

MicroBill wrote:Can't say that I've used either but I do have the small one for the K40 laser. It's design is similar to the stainless one; four threaded posts that raise/lower the table. It works, but given the option for the green scissor type stage I'd go with the scissor one.

Bill S.
I agree, The scissor type would allow more work space, with the small laser, space is more valuable so I almost considered putting in a manual scissor table and may do that if I find the rails to be a pain, Meantime I made use of them by etching a millimeter scale on them to aid in material placement.
shanet94

Post by shanet94 »

I am installing the scissor z table tomorrow. I have a odd question :P I am trying to figure out how far below the laser head to put the table. The laser head that comes with the XY stages you can move up and down. See attached photo as a sample its just one i found on google images but you get the point. Its LO 900x600 stage is what i got. As that picture for reference would the tip be pushed all the way in (105mm length) or all the way out (150mm length) or somewhere in the middle? I have not gotten to the mirror focusing but tried to do as much research as i could today on it. The Z lift has 7" total up so I want to get the most out of it i can. I don't want to mount it too close where i loose a few inches or to far where i cannot do a thin item.

Thanks
Shane
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (32.13 KiB) Viewed 1818 times

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”