Water Protect & Air Assist Switches

Tech_Marco

Re: Water Protect & Air Assist Switches

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hi Albert:

Your tube is already arrived Australia. See DHL web site with this tracking number "2201438470"
Or click this link: http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking. ... 8470%0D%0A

You may need to contact DHL just in case you may need to pay import tax.

FYI, this is the latest RECI "S4" 100W laser tube and the quality should be the best in China. After using a new technology to bond the glass to the metal, the tube should last longer than usual.

Regards,
Marco
Knight

Post by Knight »

Hi All,

Finally, I have solved the problem with my Water Protect switch.

My laser cutter is 15 years old. It was in use for the first 10 of those years but then sat in storage until I purchased it recently.

I realized that, since I could not move the small magnet inside the Flow switch, it was possible that it was frozen in place due to some corrosion buildup.

After checking the cost of replacing the original part, AUD $290.00, I decided there had to be an easier (and much less expensive) fix possible.

Since the unit had been used only for water, I bought a small bottle of Kettle Cleaner, used to clean out the various deposits that accumulate inside an electric kettle during use.

I put the switch, minus the electrical components, inside the electric kettle, added the cleaner, switched the kettle on and allowed it to boil as instructed, then left it sit for 30 minutes while the cleaner hopefully did its work.

After removing the switch, I gave the magnet a little push and it was free. Gave it a good rinse under the tap, refitted it to my cutter (no tube yet) and bingo, the switch now works.

Saved myself $290.00 and still have a working original part in place and I have a clean kettle to boot. :lol: I also know now just how my Water Protect switch works and that replacements or service is available in Australia. Oh, and the Kettle Cleaner is also very good for removing Nickel Plating from Brass. However, it did not affect stickers on the unit, so I can still set the flow rate without guessing.

Now, after blowing my original tube, I ordered a new RECI 100W unit from Marco at LightObject about Oct 20. I was advised that delivery would take about 1 month.

Yesterday, Nov. 5, I received an email from LightObject advising me that my order had been shipped, so I expected another 7 days or more before delivery. DHL is notoriously slow when it comes to delivery from China to Australia. Imagine my (pleasant) surprise when, after checking the Con note number on the DHL website, I found that shipping had actually taken place on Oct 31, and my tube had already arrived at Melbourne airport, been cleared through Customs, and was to be delivered to me in the afternoon. :D Thanks Marco.

I now have my new tube, I have checked it for damage (none visible) and will be installing it (very carefully) today.

Just got to hope now that I can overcome the possible arcing that seems to happen so often with Chinese tubes.

To all who have helped me with my laser cutter problems, thank you very much.

Best regards,

Albert

P.S. For the life of me, I can not see how the various Companies involved can justify the retail price of this unit. AUD $290.00 and it has nothing more to it than a $15.00 unit from China.
Knight

Post by Knight »

Hi Marco,

Missed your Post. Thank you for the update.

My tube was delivered yesterday and so far no damage is visible. Hopefully I can fit and start cutting without changing that.

Best regards,

Albert

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”