Cooling 45w tube w/ 50mm radiator

bberzinskas

Cooling 45w tube w/ 50mm radiator

Post by bberzinskas »

Greetings,

I purchased the 50CM radiator, 20L pump and fan to cool my 45w. I had a few questions.

Is it enough to run it as a closed system with the SP 45w tube? Would I need an additional reservoir?

In my last setup (5gallon bucket and fountain pump), i eventually got some bacterial growth (presumably. white, cloudy, yuck). I believe this didn't help my last tube which I'm replacing. Is there any sort of antibacterial that is safe? is closed loop with distilled water ok? do you have to flush perodically?

tell me more!
Techgraphix

Re: Cooling 45w tube w/ 50mm radiator

Post by Techgraphix »

I use ordinary Car antifreeze instead of destilled water. I have the same fluid in it for ~ 3 years now.. still as clear as ever, no bacteria no algea... great cooling..
But if you still want to use water... I told you.. :|

Kees
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

I use a whetter (like a coolant additive) + a coil of 99.9 silver wire. It has antibacterial properties as well and I haven't had any issues. I also use distilled water to prevent corrosion and growth.

I have 2x 120v fans that put out a huge amount of air connected to a 2x fan rad. Works great.
bberzinskas

Post by bberzinskas »

Seems to be working well with Antifreeze thusfar. I got a 50/50 mix. Took quite some time to get the system bled, especially since my reservoir gets here today. Put a digital temp probe into the fins, and i'm reading about 20-22c consistently

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”