RECI P14 LPSU Problem

Knight

RECI P14 LPSU Problem

Post by Knight »

Hi All,
I am hoping that someone here can provide me with a bit of information.

I have recently upgraded my 100W laser by replacing all of the electronics. I am at the testing stage and have come across a problem.

I am using an AWC708C Plus controller and a RECI P14 Power supply for the Laser.

I have no information about the LPSU except the LCD Readout. I have searched the internet without success. With reference to the 5V on the readout, it seems to always want to show only 2.9V+/L.

All of the power supplies are grounded via the 240V Mains and the machine body is also grounded in the same way. Occasionally on power up, I have noticed the LCD readout at 4.9V, but it is only occasionally. When I put a meter across Ground and 5V on the 6 way connector, it shows 4.99V. There is nothing connected to that connection, so that 5V is produced by the LPSU..

Does anyone know the relationship between the 5V connection and the LCD reading.
Does the LPSU provide the reading internally or does it come from a different source ie the Controller.

I have checked the (shielded) wiring between the LPSU and the Controller and nothing is loose.

This is driving me crazy :eek: because it seems that the 2.9V on the LCD is affecting the Laser output.

At this stage, I am still trying to align the mirrors. My machine has 4 mirrors and it is not an easy task :? (for me, at least).

I have attached a couple of photos showing the LCD idle and firing the laser before the 2.9V problem started. I know the Amps are high and the KV's are low, but they have been taken care of.

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I doing something wrong here?

BTW, I purchased my upgrade electronics from Sinjoe. One of the worst decisions I have made. Their after sales service is non-existent, so I sort of feel left out in the cold with these problems.

I have had a lot of help from Techgraphix (thanks again, Kees) but he is not familiar with the RECI P14 LPSU.

Thanks and regards,
Albert
Attachments
Idle.jpg
Idle.jpg (96.91 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
Firing.jpg
Firing.jpg (89.38 KiB) Viewed 1349 times

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”