How to reduce power

the_dude

How to reduce power

Post by the_dude »

Hey everyone,
I have a 100w 600x900mm laser.
I am trying to use the cut feature to not cut all the way through 1/8" baltic birch, like I just want to etch a nice surface line and no matter what I seem to cut all the way through.
Can someone please post settings I should use to do this please and thank you!!!

-Dude
Tech_Marco

Re: How to reduce power

Post by Tech_Marco »

What is your power setting on the cutting layer? And, what speed did you use? You should be able to control power not to cut out a piece of paper. So, there must be something you didn't do it right. Or, the worst scenario, the PWM control on the LPSU is bad.

Marco
the_dude

Post by the_dude »

I've tried settings as low as 2% with a speed of 300 and corner power of 3.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Something must be wrong because 2% usually is incapable to energize a laser tube.
What is the size of your tube? What kind of LPSU are you using?

Assuming you're using DSP controller, you may use "Laser" to test the output from the LPSU by adjust the power manually.
Select Power and hit enter to set the power level to 2%, 5%, 20%, 50%. Press the "Laser" and observe current passing through the tube see if any change. If not, may be the PWM output circuit is dead or you have wiring issue

Marco
the_dude

Post by the_dude »

Marco,
I have done a test for both cut and engrave on a small piece and still have no power control with either from 5 -85 power setting
I checked the wiring with the diagrams we have.

from the awc608 wires go to the following
ground wire to ground on the jp100
TTL to L on the jp100
PMW to 5V jp100

1 wire going to v1 on the gpza400u24/36
1 wire going from ground to ground on the ground on the gpza400u24/36

Are we missing anything?
do you have a wiring diagram you can send me lightobject uses for this kit we got from you?

Cheers

Tech_Marco wrote:Something must be wrong because 2% usually is incapable to energize a laser tube.
What is the size of your tube? What kind of LPSU are you using?

Assuming you're using DSP controller, you may use "Laser" to test the output from the LPSU by adjust the power manually.
Select Power and hit enter to set the power level to 2%, 5%, 20%, 50%. Press the "Laser" and observe current passing through the tube see if any change. If not, may be the PWM output circuit is dead or you have wiring issue

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Why did you connect PWM to the 5V????
We did send you connection links and software when we shipped you the DSP
You can download the from the download site from this forum

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”