DIY Instructions For Laser Build

Tech_Marco

Re: DIY Instructions For Laser Build

Post by Tech_Marco »

By the way, we will test the DSP, laser power supply, water chiller, and the laser tube before ship. If not 100%, I'll say that it is 99.9% defective free. Sorry I can't test other items like motor drivers, DC power supply, or the digital current meter. Just got not enough man power to test each single components. Again, we're here to help you. Just in case any part is not functioning, we have replacement for you.

Marco
mikeyd

Post by mikeyd »

Techgraphix wrote:@mikeyd: I see you have a lot of space. But as 90% of the people move once in 10 years average, I think it is wise to split up the frame in two or three parts.
I made my frame from steel profiles too:
Frame4.jpg
As you can see here, I build a rigid part with 20x40x1.5 tubes around the workarea and attached the rest with 20x20x1.5.
The supportframe is 40x40x1.
The rails for the gantry are on a 40x40x4 L-profile which is bolted and glued to the mainframe (not welded as it should be aligned first before fixing it)
There is only one thing in this design that I should do different when i had to do it again: I designed it for a 60W tube and the space is sufficient, but if I gave it 2cm more room I could also place a 80W Reci instead. Now I have to stick with those 60W tubes..
Another thing that might be improved is that I used 10mm belts. I think 20 or even 25mm belts will give better performance at very high speeds and accelerations.
Not knowing anything about lasers I build this a few years ago with T5-belts. Soon those will be replaced with GT2 types.. see if this gives me even more smooth curves etc..

Kees
Hi Kees
for now I'm safe with the size but have looked at splitting it up by cutting horizontal in second section from the bottom and adding a set of pins
to locate the 2 pieces. for now I'm secure where i am and don't have to move anytime soon, i guess kinda depends how much use i get out of it
i looked at moving it into a spare bedroom (haven't mentioned that one to the wife yet) and will definitely need to section it to get it there

Mike
mikeyd

Post by mikeyd »

Tech_Marco wrote:
mikeyd wrote:me too :D, well I'm starting anyways, sounds like we want
to build pretty much the same thing, but since I'm up in the north
(Canada) I'm building a frame to save some cost
Mike:

I sent you a wish list for a complete 100W DIY machine part list. It includes a water chiller and the case. You may remove it and add all item in the basket to find out the total before buying.

Let me know if you have any question

Marco
Hi Marco
i will go over the list you supplied, i did already add a chiller and some goodies (like that power z stage)
i was going through that one guys list on rc cars (something like that) i picked up a lot of good info from reading his post
to bad he sold it before it was working 100%
Thanks
Mike

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”