Laser Cutter Upgrade

Knight

Re: Laser Cutter Upgrade

Post by Knight »

Hi Kees,
Thanks again for your time and efforts to help me solve my problem.
After being totally unable to make the STOP/SHIFT work for me, I found myself sitting at the desk, staring at the User manual for my 7008.

I was looking in the Manual under "6. Manufacturers Parameters Settings.
Press (Stop) button and not loose it. Then input numbers (Shift) to enter Manufacturers Parameters Interface.".

I suddenly realized that the numbers would (hopefully) be the Authorization Code which I can see in the Version Menu. At least, that is what I am expecting.

Of course, there was no Code supplied with my Controller and I have not seen it in the User Manual. I have contacted Sinjoe, but no reply so far. So, another search on the Forum. Since you simply press Stop Shift for the Manufacturers Parameters Settings on your Lite version, the Authorization Code might be specific to the 708 Plus.

However, only time will tell.

Thanks and regards,
Albert
Attachments
Authorisation Codes.jpg
Authorisation Codes.jpg (86.67 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
Version Menu.jpg
Version Menu.jpg (98.09 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
Knight

Post by Knight »

Hi again Kees,
Just a quick update.
I contacted Trocen about my problem and their answer worked.
At the main (working) screen, press Stop, hold it down and enter 608 and there is the Settings screen.
So I changed my Home switch settings from Close to Open and it made no difference after re-booting the Controller.

Now I will need to change the Home Switches and they were mounted so well.

Another little bit of information to tuck away for future reference.

Thanks again,
Regards,
Albert

P.S. They also sent the latest firmware upgrade. Haven't tried it yet.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Setting the limitswitches from open to close will only activate or disable the limitswitch functionality.. You still have to change the polarity in your case...

if you don't have the "limitswitch polarity" as i showed you in the pictures, (you should have them, i guess the menu's are quite similar) you can always solve it with a simple inverter till you found it in the software:
what you need is a few resistors and a NPN general purpose transistor (this can be almost any type like BC550C for instance):
Inverter24V.jpg
Inverter24V.jpg (20.79 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
BTW. If you need to set the time in the right-upper corner, They also send me a tool to do this. And Marco provided me the password for that. smile

Kees
Knight

Post by Knight »

Hi Kees,
Thank you for the information.

Yes, I did find the correct menu. At this point, my home switches are still not doing anything for the machine. They have what Omron calls "Light on and Dark on" modes. Light on is with pin 2 connected to pin 1 and Dark on mode is with pin 2 not used. My switches are currently in Light on mode. The only thing I can notice is the Activity light on the switch is either on on or off, depending on the mode. It still doesn't provide me with a working Home function.

For the moment, I have ordered 2 normal Limit switches and I will fit them when they arrive. I will try to work the original switches out later.

As soon as I fit the new switches, I can concentrate on wiring up the LPSU and see if the Tube is still good. It is 14 years old, but has not been used for 5 years. It is an American brand tube, and I have access to an unused spare tube if needed.

I still have some fine tuning to do on the machine, accurate distances etc.

Again, thank you for your help. I could not have done it without your help.

Regarding the clock program you mentioned, I would appreciate a copy of the file. I will send you a PM with my email address. If the file extension is .exe, it will need to be changed or my email program will not accept the attachment.

Best regards,
Albert

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”