Problems with 90W Chinese machine

TSHobbies

Problems with 90W Chinese machine

Post by TSHobbies »

I have a 90W Chinese machine I bought from Itech in Jinan China.. Im currently having cutting issues with it, and kinda lost now on what to check for problems.
Heres the backstory for it...

Ive been cutting 1/4" cast acrylic using these settings:
1 pass
5% speed
98% power
factory frequency was set at 20000
meter reads around 26 mas

thats what Ive been using for over a month (since I received it). I was told by someone else that they were able to cut ALOT faster using less power on a 60W.
does that sound right for settings ?

Now to my current problem..this morning it was cutting fine on those settings..then I started playing around with testing engrave settings...but now that Im back to cutting, using the same parameters, it will only get about 1/4 of the way through. yes, my mirrors are aligned..and lense is clean. any help on what I should check would be appreciated.
Tech_Marco

Re: Problems with 90W Chinese machine

Post by Tech_Marco »

If you're talking about Reci laser tube, then it is a 80W S2. The picture you sent was showing that the manufacturing date is 2015 1-24. If I were you, I will contact the seller to get a replacement asap.
There are a lot of issue on Reci "S" series since last year when they first launched till recently. Now, I was told by the Reci sales that the problem was solved. We're planning to import the "S series" on Oct this year

What is the focus lens you're using; 50.8mm or 63.5mm or 68.5mm? By default, most Chinese machine comes with 50.8mm. I'll say that for a healthy Reci 80W tube, it can cut through 1/4" (6mm) in approximately 10mm/s which is about double the speed you could get

Marco
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

well, this machine was shipped to me the week after Chinese new year ended..thats around the end of January isnt it? Im not so sure that tube couldve been made on 1/24-2015 ..its hard to read,but I think it may say 2010..now way they couldve made it at the same time it was shipped to me .
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'm sure it is 2015. Reci was selling "W" series on 2010. It is not that hard to read the "2015"
FYI, the water outlet tube is in the middle (sort of) of the but not the far end. Before, all inlet and outlet are located at both end. Plus, for S series, there is no more 'glue'. They melt the glass with the metal, not sure how do they do it but it is new technology.

After 2014 Dec doesn't mean those tube were good. As I mentioned up till now the S series is getting better.
If you have tubes from Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr., they are no good. After Apr, the S2 80W is getting better. Now the 100W and may be 130W as well are getting better. But the S8 (150W) still in trouble

Marco
Attachments
Reci_S2.jpg
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

ok, just to make sure then...(just wanted to be clear on what I read from you) that since my tube was made Jan 2015 ,then it is from the bad batch of tubes correct?
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

One thing I dont understand is...the label says the tube was made on 1/24-2015...but my machine was built,tested and shipped to me before that date..so I dont see how it couldve been made on that date.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I know nothing about your machine and what the deal was. I think you better talk to the seller about this.
I can provide you the information to the best I know

Marco
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

yes I can understand that...talking to them though, I might as well go talk to my dog... just trying to find out other possible causes though.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Out of curiosity, can you post a picture to show the tube in a whole.
When did you order your machine and when did you receive your machine?

If the tube is bad, you still have time to get a replacement. You better hurry.

FYI, next time, do not order machine from "Jinan". The city of Jinan famous of making cheap laser machine and router
Yes, it is cheap but the quality is doubtful. I chatted with a few manufacturers and they all know that. One guy even said that the local government in Jinan do not buy machine locally but turns the head to the 'South'.

Marco
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

sure..hope this photo is good..I ordered the machine in December..it didnt actually ship until end of January..I received it in June..
Attachments
009.JPG
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Then, there is nothing conflicting on the date of the tube.
They "didn't ship" it because they were waiting for the tubes. During that time, no body could get a new tube without waiting for 1 month! But strange thought it took so long before you received it. Ocean shipment usually took 30 days, door to door.

Anyway, the pictures is so blurry and not showing all detail. But the front plastic cap is sure the same that used for Reci S series

Get back to them sooner you can before too late

Marco
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

ok, thankyou sir for your help..its much appreciated.
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

Heres what I found out about my RECI tube...for one, it has a bar code I can scan to find out if its legit..and it is..made 1/24/2015 ...according to RECI, that was made during their bad tube batches..
http://www.recilaser.com/…/ba9e70684e4c ... 3c3ad60b35

This was the response from RECI
1.Tube number 155078 S2 model 90W is our product.It's correct.

2.Accoring to our service, you can receive one replacement free.

3.Please ask for replacement from your supplier and ask them to contact us.Because we only direct face to our product the first buyer

Unfortunately anytime I present the company I bought the machine from with a problem..they stop responding..I sent emails to the tech rep Ive been talking to, as well as the sales rep manager..no response...
I went to Alibaba, where they have that Live Chat system..and reached an Itech rep (company I bought it from) she was eager to help me buy a new laser...but when I told her my problem...she stopped responding.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Reci will not care much if you didn't buy direct from them like us. That is no doubt that they ignored you.

We deal direct with Reci and we're offered better deal and better customer services. If a tube is defective, they will send the tube from China to my customer site in 7~10 days. That is the services you won't be able to get if you buy from other parties. Even though our price is just a little bit more, but when things happen you get your protection from us. Our policy is that: We ship a new tube to our customer and pay for S/H if tube is defective within 30 days. If over 30 days but within warranty period, we ship a new tube but customer pay for S/H. For example: a customer complained that the Reci A6 (130W) died 7 months after. We helped him to fight for a new replacement tube. Instead of paying $1650 + $285 ($1935), he paid $250 and we have Reci to ship him a brand new "S3" 130W tube!! That save him $1650 and it is 7 months after services.

People trying to save $100 or $150 by ordering DSP or lasertube from AliExpress. Well, if they like the services the sellers are proving, sure it is cheaper than us. We can't beat their price because 34% of our profit goes to 'Uncle Sam'. But our services, they are falling far behind ;)

The only way to solve this case is that you contact your seller who you bought the tube from. If you buy from AliExpress, then complain to Ali as it may help.

Marco
TSHobbies

Post by TSHobbies »

thats nice..doesnt say much for RECI does it ..if they dont want to back up ALL their products.

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”