How to correct wobble or wave from cutting. Test file

Tech_Marco

How to correct wobble or wave from cutting. Test file

Post by Tech_Marco »

If you use your machine to cut tiny circle or rectangle and ended up wobble or wave appear on the line, the issue is the acceleration on cutting, space speed, and turning speed. I'm attaching an image file in "AI" format which is the BEST format for vector cutting. If you can't get good result from .ai file, you won't get any better with DXF or CorelDraw .cdr format.

FYI, usually when we do cutting, our speed seldom go beyond 30mm/s because it is not practical to cut object with such fast speed when laser power is so limited. But there is case that we may need to cut thin object like paper and 100mm/s is likely possible especially if you have high power laser like the 130W or 150W. But in reality, hardly anyone can go beyond 50mm/s for plywood or for acrylic. So our test assume that if your machine perform well at 50mm/s, it is acceptable. Otherwise, 100mm/s is considered very good. On my result, even though I could set it to 200mm/s because I found that the over speed didn't look like it was working on 200mm/s but feeling slower. However, if I increased the acceleration of cutting or increase space speed another parameters. It is true that I could get faster speed. But the result was not acceptable.

Here is the link for the file. Run it at 50mm/s or 100mm/s. If you can get result without seeing wobbles or wave line, then you're OK. Otherwise, you should tuned down the acceleration on cutting under USER Parameter

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2698

See the cutting result on non tuned DSP parameters to a fine tuned one. See the difference

Marco
Attachments
Machine not fine tuned (DSP parameters)
Machine not fine tuned (DSP parameters)
Fine tuned result
Fine tuned result
Fine tuned result
Fine tuned result

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”