Power supply with low rise time

Guldberg

Power supply with low rise time

Post by Guldberg »

How does the new 100-180w PSU compares to the Reci unit in terms of min power and rise time?

The Reci has a horrible rise time (or maybe its the tube W6), makinging it less than suitable to fill engraving. I'll see if I can snatch a picture soon, but basically the line "fades" in, so the engraving dont have that crisp edge. We have a Trotec speedy 500 with a 200w firestar and II-VI lenses to compare with. The engraving quality is amazing. If only it had the Lightobject DSP and Lasercad...
Tech_Marco

Re: Power supply with low rise time

Post by Tech_Marco »

The "Trotec speedy 500 with a 200w firestar", I believe that it is not a CO2 laser but a RF laser tube, am I right?
If that is the case, then it is not fair to compare it because RF responding time is much faster and the beam spot is more finer. But the cost is at least 10 times more than a regular CO2 laser tube.

There is a couple model DSP card with a feature that allowing the LPUS to stay at "pre fire" stage. It generate a low current, lower enough not being fired but closed. So, it improve the responding time. I will carry a new DSP card manufactured by RD and the customize a panel and software for me.
I believe the RD come with that feature by allowing one to set "minimum" triggering current to certain level to reduce the reaction time

Marco
Guldberg

Post by Guldberg »

Hi Marco

I know its not fair to compare:-) Its a RF yes.

But we have had different power supplies and glass tubes and the reci tube + psu, is not the best.

Sounds interesting with the DSP. We will try it out. LaserCad as well?

Btw. did you ever tried the Lightobject DSP with a RF laser?
fnaranjob

Post by fnaranjob »

Tech_Marco wrote:The "Trotec speedy 500 with a 200w firestar", I believe that it is not a CO2 laser but a RF laser tube, am I right?
If that is the case, then it is not fair to compare it because RF responding time is much faster and the beam spot is more finer. But the cost is at least 10 times more than a regular CO2 laser tube.

There is a couple model DSP card with a feature that allowing the LPUS to stay at "pre fire" stage. It generate a low current, lower enough not being fired but closed. So, it improve the responding time. I will carry a new DSP card manufactured by RD and the customize a panel and software for me.
I believe the RD come with that feature by allowing one to set "minimum" triggering current to certain level to reduce the reaction time

Marco
Marco, I´d love to test that DSP!, when do you expect to have it ready?, some of my advertising customers complain about engraving small fonts and photos, they could get much much better, at much higher speeds if we could improve the LPUS reaction time.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

See the new layout of the new DSP. It should be available soon.
Working on the price and software issue.

Marco
Attachments
DSP_RD3.jpg
DSP_RD3.jpg (23.84 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
fnaranjob

Post by fnaranjob »

Tech_Marco wrote:See the new layout of the new DSP. It should be available soon.
Working on the price and software issue.

Marco
Marco, this new DSP is going to have color screen like the X7?, my customers are loving that one :D
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, it is color LCD but smaller compare to the X7
We should receive it by coming Wednesday.
The interface is more complicated than the LaserCad but more tools. Don't ask me how many extra features, yet because I'm new to this card. :mrgreen:

Marco
fnaranjob

Post by fnaranjob »

Tech_Marco wrote:Yes, it is color LCD but smaller compare to the X7
We should receive it by coming Wednesday.
The interface is more complicated than the LaserCad but more tools. Don't ask me how many extra features, yet because I'm new to this card. :mrgreen:

Marco
It does include the "pre-fire" feature for better engraving on glass tubes right?

Fernando
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The Both X7, and R5 should have the Open delay and Close delay feature. See pictures:
DSP_Delay_X7.jpg
DSP_Delay_R5.jpg

Marco

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”