Desoldering laser tube connection?

Tech_Marco

Re: Desoldering laser tube connection?

Post by Tech_Marco »

To make it simple, one can use a "Spring" to hold the wire tight. No need to be fancy but get the job done. A small spring will take care the job well. You may try this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/107pc-WIRE-NUT- ... 43b31c441c

Just take the sprint out and you can soldering the HV cable to the end. I think it is a good method, isn't it?

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Forget about the electrical cap that I posted above. It's hard to make it right and fit
Let me find another easy way

Have a great weekend

Marco
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

I've used the BP connectors before and had no problems at all. I didn't even cover them after as I wasn't going to play around with the tube while I was using it and it was a long way away from any motion stuff. If you slip the wire past both screws so it's touching the connection wire then you have a good joint. You are looking at milli-amps so you're not going to blow a connector off if it isn't tight enough.
I just tightened mine so that it was firm but not too tight. No problems.
Rich.
wmgeorge

Post by wmgeorge »

Axeman wrote:
Tech_Marco wrote:You can strip off the protection jacket and wrap the wire to the pin a couple round. Than tight it with a cable tide or some sort of fixture.

Marco
That's a really good idea Marco, hadn't thought of that.
Or hold the wire tight against the connection and take some small solid copper wire and wind around and around. Kind of like you would do in scouts whipping the end of a rope. You could use a couple wraps of plastic electrical tape to hold it tight and then follow up as Marco says. Electrical tape is not a good insulator for this HV connection, only good for 600 volts. This lead may have 23,000 volts or more on it.
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

A good flooding with silicone after wrapping and the rest, preferably by filling a bit of carefully-positioned pipe around the connection, will do the trick - even 23KV can't get through that!

Return to “CO2 Laser Discussion”