Using EWP-SNR108 for low flow trip

bertrada

Using EWP-SNR108 for low flow trip

Post by bertrada »

I have ordered above flow device but need advice on electronics to do the following:

I want to trigger a relay when flow gets low (on a engine cooling system), would be good to be able to display flow (but not essential). Would need to be able to "calibrate" trip point. Whole thing needs to be small 1/16 DIN if panel mounted.

Is a frequency controller an option to do this?

This is on 250 Superkart, I have used the JLD 7100 (12V dc) controller to great effect on fan control on the same sort of cooling system.
Tech_Marco

Re: Using EWP-SNR108 for low flow trip

Post by Tech_Marco »

I just imported a counter device and I think it may works for you. Once I finished the picture, I'll post it to here. Plus, I need to do manual for it
bertrada

Post by bertrada »

Great, Thanks
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

See this counter. It's a 6 digit counter and I need do some study to see how it works. What I think so far is that, you hookup the water-flow sensor (5V pulse output) to the counter's Input and do a measure on how much water in a bucket, then use that volume to compare the number of counting on the controller. That way you can come up a simple formula: Counts vs. volume.

Anyway, I got to spend time to do the test. In the mean time, I'm just a little bit busy setting up my Pro Shop (garage remodeling) ha..ha...
Attachments
JLD961_500.jpg
bertrada

Post by bertrada »

The flow element has a calibrated pulse rate indicated on the data (pules per litre) so test might not be necessary.

Does the controller have output switches like the JLD 7100? Do you have these already?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, I do have 20 in stock. I'll post it on the web soon

Return to “Electronics”