AWC708C - Laser cuts at same power all the time, while changing directions, how to fix?

patrickonb

AWC708C - Laser cuts at same power all the time, while changing directions, how to fix?

Post by patrickonb »

Sorry, I'm just not sure how to title this post, but here's what I can't figure out...

I've got everything hooked up, and everything works as it should except, when my machine changes directions,
the laser keeps cutting at same power level, and each corner is burned/cooked more than the rest of my cuts.
Does that make sense?

On my K40, I just input the object I want to cut, and the machine seems to handle all other aspects of cutting. If
it cuts a box that is 50mm by 50mm, the cut stays the same in the corners as well as everywhere else. With the
AWC708C controller, it doesn't seem to control the laser power, and I get these kind of burn holes in each corner,
where the machine comes to rest for just a split second while it changes directions. The laser just keeps burning,
so it leaves kind of an over-burned corner, as apposed to a nice sharp cut corner.

I hope I am making sense here. Can anyone please tell me what settings I need to change to get this to cut better
corners?

Thanks,
Patrick
Tech_Marco

Re: AWC708C - Laser cuts at same power all the time, while changing directions, how to fix?

Post by Tech_Marco »

When you double click the cutting layer, there is two power need to set: Max% and Min%. You need to set 10~15% less on the Min power or the corner will get over burned during cutting.

Marco

Return to “Electronics”