80w HV PSU -- TTL Control not working?

wontpontificate

80w HV PSU -- TTL Control not working?

Post by wontpontificate »

I just replaced my dying HV PSU with a new 80w model, and I can't seem to get TTL control working.

Pinout and phoenix connector were identical to my old PSU, so it was a plug and play swap to the DSP harness.

I'm using the low level TTL for triggering. DSP setup in LaserCAD is set for glass tube, low level TTL, with a max power of 75% to start calibrating the power for my 60W tube.

Test firing has the ammeter bounce past 20mA but settle right between 19 and 20mA no matter what I set max power to.

When attempting to laser test cuts, I always get full power (20mA) no matter what the power is set to in LaserCAD, and test cuts look identical at 100%, 75%, 50% and 25% power.

Everything worked as expected before the previous PSU died. Is there something I'm missing here? The PSU didn't come with a manual for what it likes to be fed, and there doesn't seem to be one avaialble for download.

Thanks!
Tech_Marco

Re: 80w HV PSU -- TTL Control not working?

Post by Tech_Marco »

You may want to double check the TTL and PWM connection see if is connected in reverse order.

Marco
wontpontificate

Re: 80w HV PSU -- TTL Control not working?

Post by wontpontificate »

TTL and the PWM input were connected as they should be, but apparently the connections were dirty. I took everything apart today and sprayed it down with contact cleaner, and reconnected it, and everything works as expected.

For anyone else who reads this, I've limited power to 42% on the AWC608, which gives me about 20mA on my 60w tube. I'm ready to upgrade to 80w when this tube dies now though.

Thank you again for all of your help!

Return to “Electronics”