JLD404 DC AH Meter

psymons

JLD404 DC AH Meter

Post by psymons »

Purchased a JLD404 Amp Hr meter and most of the programming etc has worked well. However, where do you input the size of shunt into the calculation? I am using a 30A/75 mV shunt and have changed the A-Sn to 75 mV, APvL to 0, APvH to 30. When passing 10 A, the shunt is providing 25 mV to terminals 9 and 10, but the meter reads EEEE for current (correct voltage). If I drop the current to 4.5 A, the shunt provides 11.2 mV (as it should) and the current display reads 45 A, i.e. a factor of ten times larger. This continues as the current is decreased. This seems to be a problem with the meter, as the shunt is providing the appropriate signal. Any help would be appreciated.
Techgraphix

Re: JLD404 DC AH Meter

Post by Techgraphix »

First check if, when you let a current of 4.5A flow through the shunt that you actualy measure ~11,2 mV and not 112mV.. it is not the first time there is a wrong value delivered..
If this is correct, the check is there is no (undisplayed) decimal point in your A-Sn value: if this 75mV is interpreted as 7.5mA, then you will surely see a value tentimes as high..

Kees
psymons

Post by psymons »

Thanks Kees for the suggestions. Pulled out a different DVM to check the shunt voltage and the shunt is correct. Provides 11.2 mV at 4.5 A. The meter also only has three predefined settings for APvH. 1 A. 5 A and 75 mV, so the wrong decimal setting is not possible here.
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

If the meter isn't faulty, connected or programmed incorrect, then you could fool it with a potentiometer (something like 100k multiturn) after the shunt and set it so that the meter indicates the right value..

Kees

Return to “Electronics”