LightObject Water Flow Switch Problem...

kb0nly

LightObject Water Flow Switch Problem...

Post by kb0nly »

I posted a review on this and i see it was replied to..

http://www.lightobject.com/Water-flow-p ... -P815.aspx

But i was wondering, anyone know how to set the sensitivity correctly on this thing?? I know you can turn the stepped cog on the back to set the sensitivity for it to turn on, but the problem i am having is it won't turn OFF.

Plug in the pump and in a matter of a second or two the switch clicks and checking it with my multimeter it does indeed go closed on the contacts, the problem is i can unplug the pump and it takes up to an hour for the pressure switch to reset to off, not exactly handy to have protecting the system as you want it to shut off pretty instantaneous when the pump or water flow would happen to fail.

In his reply he said to adjust the screw for the sensitivity, i assume he means the phillips head screw thats in the top end of the plunger? I have tried turning it all the way out and all the way in, and just about anywhere inbetween without any apparent change in operation. So what i was hoping to find out, is turning it clockwise or counterclockwise increase or decrease the sensitivity? It just doesn't turn off fast enough when the pump shuts off.

I wanted to take one last stab at fixing it before asking for a replacement just in case this one is ok but still not set right, etc.
kb0nly

Re: LightObject Water Flow Switch Problem...

Post by kb0nly »

Well i guess i might as well request a replacement, i don't think anyone knows how to fix this thing.

Return to “Electronics”