ECNC-SC04 How to use proximity sensors.

Spruft777

ECNC-SC04 How to use proximity sensors.

Post by Spruft777 »

Hi! I just bought 15pcs of this tiny controller board. Stable output and good acceleration!

What I need to understand is how to use proximity sensors instead of micro switches. I've tried some NPN normally closed but it didn't work properly. My guess is NPN normally open but would like some input before I spend more $$$

I tried these sensors because I saw some other seller having it (random prox sensor and no info as usual) as an example on a picture on the internet.. :lol:

What sensor should I look for? I need to detect metal without touchy-touchy :?

Best
Techgraphix

Re: ECNC-SC04 How to use proximity sensors.

Post by Techgraphix »

NPN NO proxy's will "shortcircuit" the output(black wire) to GND (blue wire) when triggered. That is useful when your input must be switched to ground-level.
You can invert your NPN NC types to act like a NPN NO with a simple low-power NPN-transistor and a resistor(~10k) . connect the resistor between the base of this transistor and the output of your proxy, connect the Emitter to GND and the Collector is your new inverted output.. (if you don't want to spend extra money on a new proxy)

Kees
Spruft777

Re: ECNC-SC04 How to use proximity sensors.

Post by Spruft777 »

I've done some more testing with NPN NO that I found and it worked perfectly with no additional components - just plug and play.

OMRON E2EG-X5MC1 in this case.

Thank you Techgraphix for your input!

Return to “Electronics”