40 L/m Pump Wiring

whwittig

40 L/m Pump Wiring

Post by whwittig »

Hi -
I have the EWP-D50C2465 pump running from solar panels driving a fountain. It was working fine, however, the controller seems to have failed (no longer draws current)

There are 3 wires to the motor: Blue, Brown, and Yellow with a green strip.

Can you give me the wiring diagram and/or the description of what the connection to these wires is so that I can run the motor from a different controller?

I'm guessing this is a permanent split capacitor induction motor with an additional winding tap for speed control, so one wire should be Low speed, one "medium/high" speed and one common.

The frequency(s) it's designed to run from would also be nice.

Thanks!
Tech_Marco

Re: 40 L/m Pump Wiring

Post by Tech_Marco »

I bet you connect the pump to the battery/solar charger in parallel without protection cirucit. Remember that during charging perio, the output from the solar charger is over 18V for 12V battery or 32V for 24V battery. The charging voltage is hiehg enough to kill the pump sooner or later. That's why you got it running for a few days and now .... silent. Don't do it untless you install a regulator in between the soloar charger/batter and the pump. That way, the pump will be happy

Here is the connection diagram for the pump without and without the controller
viewforum.php?f=56

Marco
whwittig

Post by whwittig »

Hi - Thanks for the quick response!

The manual shows the power connection to the controller and the potentiometer connection, but not the connection between the controller and the motor, which is what I was looking for. I'm just guessing it's a PSC induction motor like b) in the attached picture

I have the pump connected to the panels through a circuit (MiniMaximizer) that turns on at about 13.5 V and off at 13 V with a big cap so it cycles on and off when the light is low - no battery - so it does cycle on and off a lot. I think that may be what the controller doesn't like so I was thinking I should design my own controller for the pump since it seems OK. I thought I had the voltage limited to 23.5 V (below the 24V max spec) but maybe that's not true. The voltage does typically rise to about 18V when it's really bright.

Thanks!
whwittig

Post by whwittig »

Can you confirm that the motor is a PSC type?

What are the three wires between the motor and controller?
Brown: ?
Blue: ?
Yellow w Green stripe: ?

If it is a PSC AC motor, 60Hz?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I really don't know the internal structure of the motor. It is '3-phase' but don't get confused with the 3-phase AC motor. I think what they mean is 3set of coils and driving by 3 set of signal (similar concept to the AC motor). Brushless motor is driving by frequency module. By changing the frequency, it control the speed. Some use PWM module to drive a brushless motor but doing so will get it damaged.

The 3 wires are power + power - and speed control

Here is the manual for the water pump:
viewforum.php?f=56

Marco
IraPhillips

Post by IraPhillips »

whwittig wrote:Hi -
I have the EWP-D50C2465 pump running from
solar panel driving a fountain. It was working fine, however, the controller seems to have failed (no longer draws current)

There are 3 wires to the motor: Blue, Brown, and Yellow with a green strip.

Can you give me the wiring diagram and/or the description of what the connection to these wires is so that I can run the motor from a different controller?

I'm guessing this is a permanent split capacitor induction motor with an additional winding tap for speed control, so one wire should be Low speed, one "medium/high" speed and one common.

The frequency(s) it's designed to run from would also be nice.

Thanks!
hello friend how much entire set up of solar panels and controller costs you ? I am looking to get similar set up for my home fountain so please reply ASAP

Return to “Electronics”